Nineteen: Its a Effing Maze

NINETEEN: ITS A EFFING MAZE

"Everyday I wake up knowing that the more people I try to save, the more enemies I will make, and it's just a matter of time before I face those with more power than I can overcome."

- Peter Parker, Spider-Man
____________________

GRETAL NARROWED HER EYES SLIGHTLY as she stared down at Arachne and Oscar. Arachne raised her eyebrows slightly, taping her fingers against the side of her arm.

"It's nice to know you're alive, Fuego."

Oscar clenched his fists and Gretal tried her best not to scoff out loud. The idiot needs to control his anger. Then again, she probably would've attacked Arachne once she was in sight, so she's not one to talk.

Oscar sighed. "I was wondering what's my next move. What else do you want me to do?"

Arachne leaned against the wall, a devilish smile on her face. "It takes time. Plus, I don't really need you right now. Though, I wouldn't mind being amused."

Oscar narrowed his eyes. "What about the kid's mom?"

She nodded slightly. "Ah, Mrs. Fisher? Let's just say she's in captivity. The rest is for me to know and you not to find out. Now, is that all?"

"Why are you even doing this?"

Arachne took a step forward, a fire burning in her eyes. "Because I can. I have my reasons, Rodriguez. And you have your own."

She turned on her heels, boots smacking against the concrete. Oscar watched her walk away with a glare. Gretal sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. God, I'm never going to trust Rodriguez to get info from a villain ever again.

Oscar watched with an unamused expression as Gretal jumped from the roof and landed on her feet. "God, you suck at being a detective. Next time, I'll be bad cop while you watch from the distance."

He rolled his eyes. "Please, Davidson, you can't compare to my badass skills."

She snorted. "Right. So, Arachne must be fun to work with. She reminds my history teacher; bitchy and two-faced."

Oscar raised an eyebrow. "Miss Kelly was an amazing teacher."

Gretal crossed her arms. "She always treated me like trash."

He smirked. "Well, she always did have a low tolerance for idiotic people."

"Shut the hell up."

"Make me."

"I can't, that takes effort."

• • • •

Gretal knows that her plan to secretly get info from Arachne was a total bust. She wanted to go with her own plan, which was to ambush Arachne and tie her up to a stop sign and have the S.I.A arrest her. Then John had to come in and act like killjoy he was, saying that it was best to just stay low and listen closely.

John shook his head. "We couldn't ambush her because we still need to find out where Gabe's mom is. So far all we know is that she's in captivity and that was where we started originally. "

Gretal sighed, kicking her shoes off. "I just want to get into action already. It sucks hanging around and doing nothing! Who knows what's being done to Gabe's mom right now?"

Beatrice gave Gretal a reassuring smile. "I'm sure she's okay. And I think you've had enough action lately. You risked your life so many times already, so it's best you stay low."