Twenty: Yippee-Ki-Yay, Motherchucker

TWENTY: YIPPEE-KI-YAY, MOTHERCHUCKER

"Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too...quick. You can't savor all the...little emotions. In...you see, in their last moments people show you who they really are."

-Joker.
____________________

GRETAL'S NOT SURE IF SHE should punch Oscar or John in the face. As of right now, they ran out of fucking Doritos. She already has a plan forming in her head: use a bag. Drop Oscar at a dumpster. Throw John's body in a lake; no one really cares about what happens to him.

"Are you okay?"

She glanced up, eyes narrowed. "No, Oscar, I'm not okay. Someone ate all the damn Doritos."

He smirked. "Grow up, Davidson."

Gretal throws him a glare. "Says you. You're turning eighteen and you still haven't grown a pair of balls yet."

His face flushes red and Gretal smirks with satisfaction. "Go burn in hell, Davidson."

"I'll meet you there, then." She grins.

From the corner of her she could see John entering the room, yawning with drool on the side of his cheek. She tries not to raise her eyebrows as he gives them both a wave.

"Aw," Gretal mutters, "Dickerella has finally awaken."

Oscar raised an eyebrow. "Don't you mean Sleeping Beauty?"

Gretal shook her head with a serious look. "It would be an insult to Disney if I called him that."

John gave her the finger just as Beatrice and Gabe came in. Which, as a result, gave Gretal the beautiful sight of Beatrice smacking John in the face. Twice.

Beatrice huffed. "How many times do I have to tell you guys not to do that kind of stuff in front of him?"

The three glanced down at the blonde boy who obliviously started to make a airplane out of a napkin.

Gretal raised an eyebrow. "We're preparing him for the real world. It's best he learns all his curse words now."

"You're all idiots," she muttered.

John raised an eyebrow. "It takes a real idiot to notice another."

She sent him a death glare.

Gretal looked at Gabe, who sat at the counter quietly and traced patterns on the surface. She misses the wide smiles and bright eyes and the optimistic outbursts.

"So," John said, "if the you come out positive, will you be ready for Baystone Academy, Gabe?"

Gretal kicked the bastard in the knee as Gabe pouted. John whimpered and easily gave her the finger while Beatrice didn't look.

"I'm not sure," Gabe whispered.

Summers gave him a smile. "If it does happen, you won't be going till your fourteen. You still have a long way to go."

Gabe looked down, blonde curls falling over his eyes. Over the last few months his hair grew out and Gretal wondered if there was any time to take him to the barber.