Chapter 32- Just The Beginning

It's dark now but unfortunately it's still Saturday and I have a funny feeling this is the time Derrick and his evil pack of wolves and vampires will attack. I heard this is the time vampires powers are the strongest, we are not going to win but I guess we won't go down without a fight.

"Remember to use your daggers on any of the vampires and the other wolves, they have betrayed us which is why the daggers will work!" Miles yelled throughout the meeting room. He was standing at the front and I was sitting next to him with Sam on the other side while Ace was sitting next to her, "You must make sure your Luna is protected at all times and to make sure that she and Sam do not get taken." He said as he looked at me with a sad smile, "You are all dismissed."

Everyone got up and left the room so that it was just Miles and I.

"I can't believe Derrick and Lilyana are doing this only for Sam and I." I spoke as a tear fell from my eye. Miles quickly wiped it away and hugged me.

"I won't let anyone lay a single finger on you, even if it means I die." He mumbled as he kissed my forehead.

"I won't let you die. We can look after the pack and Sia together." I hugged him tighter as I spoke.

"Promise me that you won't leave my side."

"I promise."

We stayed where we were for a few minutes, crying into one another's shoulder and asking each other questions. But, the special moment ended when there was a howl and then a very, very familiar voice.

"Where's my sister and Blake! The Luna we need to kill!" It was Derrick.

Miles and I looked out the window to find Derrick being followed by Triston and Will, then Lilyana was behind them and Draven was following her. Behind all of them were a ton of other wolves and vampires. Every single creature down there had a very angry look on their faces.

"I'm going to walk out to talk to them and I want you to stay inside, ok?" He asked as we were walking to the front door to where Derrick is standing.

"Why, I don't want to leave you alone. What if something happens, or-" I was cut off when Miles put a finger over my lips.

"Nothing will happen," we made it to the door and he paused, "I promised didn't I?" He said and before he left I threw my arms around his neck.

"If you die, I won't know what to do." I said and kissed him. He hugged me back.

"I promise you, I won't die. Now, I'm going to have a talk with him and all our warriors are out there so don't worry. I'll be fine." He said as he opened the door and walked outside.

(MILES P.O.V)

I opened the door and was faced with the beautiful snow straight away, I walked towards a smirking Derrick with all the other Wolvens and vampires behind him. It was amazing that they were doing this for my mate and Sam, even if she does have a power that doesn't mean she's going to kill them; well, if they annoy her then maybe. For all we know, she might not even have these powers everyone's talking about, it could be some other Artemis.

"Derrick." My voice was flat as I stood about a metre away.

"Miles, my good buddy. How've you been?" He asked like he was really happy to see me. But, since he wants to kill my mate I only glared at him.

"Oh, I've never been better." I replied angrily while I crossed my arms.

"That's great, now down to business," He said as he rubbed his hands together, "Now we can do this the easy way or the hard way, it's your choice."