Chapter 14- Hatred For You

"Why don't you get something to eat Artemis, or else I will." Jet's been resting in his bed with a broken nose for a few days and I haven't left his side, well I use his bathroom in his room but I don't actually leave the room. He's made Sam try and get me out and others but that didn't work. I also haven't even eaten anything since he broke his nose.

"I'm not hungry." That was a lie I was starving. He's tried to feed me, get others to get food and give up his own food for me but I always said no.

"I can hear your stomach growling. Go and get some food, please." I shook my head.

"Well, you leave me no choice." He started getting out of bed but I pushed him back down and stayed there to make sure he stayed.

"Fine, I'll get some food." I let go and nearly got out of bed but Jet grabbed me and pulled me onto his lap.

"Get a sandwich for me to, please?" He sounded like a baby. I wasn't actually planning on getting food I was going to pretend but I guess I have to get food now.

"Ok, if you let me go I can get some." He let me go but before he did he tickled me. I was rolling around on the bed laughing a lot. My stomach was hurting from laughing and my cheeks were sore from smiling.

"Stop Jet!" He did which completely shocked me. I looked up at him and he gave me a smile but I don't know what it was, whether it was happiness or sadness.

"You know, you have a beautiful laugh." I sat up confused as to why he was saying this. My heart went crazy and I could tell I was blushing because my cheeks felt really warm.

"Is there something you want? Because you never ever give me compliments."

"Oh, I just wanted to make you blush because it's really funny." I rolled my eyes and I also gave him a little punch for that.

"I'm going to get some food jerk. I'll see you later." I made sure to get off the bed quickly so he didn't grab me and I headed for the door. I was walking down the hall when I noticed Sam and Echo talking together so I decided to join in.

"What are you two up to?" You know, I can see these two are definitely getting together in a few years. Its like they're meant to be.

"Just talking." Sam replied, something was different in this atmosphere I could feel love blooming between these two.

"So, are you two-" I tried to ask Sam but she cut in on my sentence.

"Oh, no, not at all." Sam's cheeks went bright red and so did Echo's.

'You see this Artemis, this is love.'

'Pfft, yeah right. If you look up love in the dictionary your name and Jet's will be there.'

'We aren't like that Artemis!'

'It's really clear that you two are going to be together forever.'

'Artemis, have I ever told you how annoying you are?'

'I could never ever be annoying!' She said in a baby like tone.

"Well, I'll leave you two to your conversation before I rudely interrupted. See ya!" I left so that the conversation didn't get awkward. I continued walking down until I finally found the kitchen. I've never been in the kitchen fully, I've only ever had a house tour and that's it.

It's a really pretty part of the house, it's modern with an island, white bench tops, white cabinets and the backsplash is also white. Then I saw Julia and Archer talking to each other right in front of the fridge and I froze. Great, that's exactly where I need to go. I got as close to the fridge as I could to get what I need for a sandwich and grab myself an apple as well.

"Excuse me Julia but I need to get to the fridge." She didn't move at all, she just stayed standing right in front of the fridge.

"Julia, please I promise I'll stay away from Jet." Well, it worked, but that doesn't mean I'm staying away from Jet. I grabbed what I needed and walked over to the island and began cutting the ingredients for the sandwich, but I noticed Julia and Archer walking over here.

"What do you two want?" I asked, I'm not going to look at them because I want to get this sandwich finished so I can leave.

"Oh, you know, just to make sure you'll actually leave Jet alone." I cut the tomato harder than I should've when Julia asked that question.

"You know the answer to that Julia. Remember what I told you, he's my mate."

"Ever since my little run in with you Artemis, he's been treating us like we don't even exist!" Archer was yelling at me and I stopped cutting the tomato.

"Do you ever think about how I would feel?" I asked both of them. With an angry look on my face.

"Well, I never thought about you because you aren't important to me." She smirked, happy with what she just said and I continued making the sandwich for Jet.

"I don't care if I'm important to you but I'm sure as hell I'm important to Jet!" I gave them both angry looks.

"I hate you!" She slammed her hands on the island.

"Good, because I don't wake up every morning just to impress you." I smile at what I just said to her, it could have been better but it did the job, she left and Archer was trailing behind her. I finished making the sandwich and put all the ingredients back in the fridge. As I turn around I see Sam sitting on the stools looking down and drawing circles on the island.

"You know, Echo's quite charming." I looked at her and started smiling.

"I knew it! You two would go really well together." She looked up at me and rolled her eyes.

"I don't know what to do though, I like him but I don't know if he likes me." She slumped against the chair and put her head on the bench top.

"You'll find out soon, you know about how mates work right?"

"Yes I do." She sounded confused by her emotions so I walked over and sat next to her.

"Hey don't worry, I can tell he likes you. Remember when I joined in on your conversation and asked if you two were a thing-" She looked up and cut in on my sentence.

"How could I forget?" I laughed at her.

"Anyway, Echo's face went red as well! I would be surprised if you two don't end up together." I was patting her shoulder in support but I couldn't help laugh at her.

"Umm, is she ok?" I looked over to where the voice was coming from and turns out its Echo. I think this is time for me to leave.

"Well, I'm going to deliver this sandwich to the very injured Jet." I grabbed the sandwich o that was on the plate and left. I headed down the hall and I just realised I forgot to grab my apple that's sitting on the island, I'm not going to go back and get Sam and Echo are probably having a very important conversation together and I don't want to interrupt them. I got to Jet's room and entered.

"Here's your sandwich I ever so careful created." I gave him the plate which had the sandwich on it and sat on the bed.

"You know, you forgot to add cheese." I hit my head on the wall behind me and slumped in my bed.

"I was interrupted a lot of times ok?!" I sounded annoyed because I was, I hope he still eats it though.

Wolves Like Usजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें