Dinner Party

I rolled over in my bed and grabbed my phone to see what time it was.

11:30 Am. Still too early for me. I saw that there was a missed alert on my phone and I opened the text.

BONNNIE: The moon stone is destroyed you don’t have to worry about it anymore.

I was happy that Elena was not going to die now but I was still upset that Klaus was not be able to break the curse. It was like a part of me hatted him but the other half loved him and would do anything for him.

I dragged myself out of my bed and went down into the living room. I sat down in front of the fire to try to warm up on this cold fall day.  While I was sitting down reading a book Damon came over and sat next to me.

“What can I help you with?” I asked not looking at him.

“I wanted to say sorry for the way I have been acting towards you the past few days,” he said looking into the fire.

I closed the book and looked at him.

“Damon, it’s going to be ok. I’m sure we can find another way to break the curse,” I said.

I know that I wasn’t going to die, but I couldn’t let Damon know that. It hurt me to see him worry like this about me.

“Can we just go back to the way things were before?” he asked giving me a smirk.

A part of me didn’t want to go back to the way things were with Damon because of Klaus, but the other part of me wanted to go back the way things were before I ever even heard of Klaus.

I nodded yes slowly.

Damon leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back and he pulled away.

“Is there something wrong?” he asked.

“No everything is perfect,” I quickly lied and kissed him again.

“Stefan decided to take Elena to her lake house tonight to get away from everything that’s going on,” he said.

“That’s nice, she could really use a break from all of this,” I said. “When do we get to take a break from all of this?”

“Soon,” he said then kissed me again.

I lied down laying my head on his leg.

“I have invited a few people over for a dinner party tonight,” he said playing with my hair.

“Who?” I asked.

“Alaric, Jenna and Elijah,” he said.

“Damon what are you up to?” I asked sitting up.

“Nothing,” he said smirking at me and raising his hands. “I just want to get to know the guy”

“Please Damon don’t do anything stupid,” I said.

“You don’t have to worry about anything,” he said.

A few seconds later the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it,” I said getting up.

I opened the door to see John. I tried to shut the door in his face but he stopped me.

“John what do you want?” I asked flatly.

“I’m here to help,” he said.

“Really because not that long ago you tried to kill all of us,” I said.

“I’m doing this for Elena,” he said.

“Look who’s the father of the year now,” I said sarcastically.