Carnival

Today is the Mystic falls carnival. There were people scurrying around everywhere trying to make last minute touch-ups before opening for the day. The noise or sun didn’t really help my hangover that much. I was setting up the balloon darts booth when I saw Tyler come over.

“Hey Torrie need some help?” he asked.

“That would be great,” I said taking off my dark sunglasses.

We started blowing up some balloons and sticking them on the wooden wall.

“I don’t think your uncle likes me too much,” I said.

“Nah he’s just protective,” he said.

“Damn it,” Tyler yelled pulling his hand back.

“You ok?” I asked.

“Yah I just pricked my finger with a tack,” he said looking at his hand.

“Here let me look at it,” I said grabbing his hand and pulling it up to my face.

His blood didn’t smell sweet like other people. It had more of an odor that made my face screw up.

“Not a fan of blood?” He said pulling his hand away and wiping away the blood.

“Yeah me and blood don’t go well together,” I said.

A dark skinned guy came over and said, “Hey Ty can you help me and some of the other guys move some of the sound systems?”

“Yeah sure. See you later Torrie,” Tyler said walking away with the other guy.

“Bye,” I said waving to him.

After we were all finished setting up we opened the carnival and the people started to pour in. I walked around with Elena and Bonnie to see that everything was going smoothly. While I was having a look around I saw Damon and Stefan making their way over to us.

“Hello Torrie, Elena… witch,” Damon said.

“Damon be nice,” I said hitting him on the arm.

“No let him provoke me,” Bonnie said. “Just see what I can do.”

Bonnie looked at Damon hard and he grabbed his head in pain and grunted.

“Bonnie stop it,” Elena said.

She stopped and walked away.

“Elena you need to tell her to stop trying to kill us before she ends up getting killed,” I said.

“That little bitch is going to pay,” Damon said angrily.

“No one is going to be doing anything to anyone! Today I just want to be a normal high school girl supernatural free day for once,” Elena said getting frustrated.

“Does that include me,” Stefan said.

“Of course not,” Elena giggled and kissed him.

Elena and Stefan walked away and then it was just me and Damon.

“So I have a Lockwood update,” I said walking with Damon.

“What?” he asked.

“I got a weird vibe from his uncle Mason when I met him yesterday. And when Tyler cut himself today his blood smelt so bad that I thought I was going to throw up,” I said screwing up my face just thinking about it.