Founders Day

I was sleeping peacefully until Damon started shaking me trying to wake me up.

“Leave me alone,” I murmured with my eyes still closed.

“Torrie its 12:30, you have to get up and get ready for the parade if you want to come with me,” Damon said.

“I want sleep,” I said pulling the covers over my head.

“You asked for it,” he said.

That’s when Damon picked me up out of his bed and ran over to his shower and turned on the cold water.

“Damn it Damon!” I screamed and jumped out of the ice cold water.

“That’s pay back for throwing me on the floor the other day,” he said smirking at me then walked out of his room.

I turned the warm water on and got a quick shower. I got dressed by putting on a pair of dark skinny jeans, a purple tank top and a pair of black leather boots that went just below the knee. I curled my hair in loose curls as usual and done my makeup nice and natural today.

I walked down the stairs and saw Damon waiting for me by the front door.

“Finally where going to be late,” He said opening the door.

When we got to the festival music was playing and kids were running around and laughing with balloons in their hands and their faces painted.

When I saw Elena and Stefan come up to us I looked at Damon and saw his face Drop.

Elena looked Just like Katherine in the picture that Stefan had. Her hair was tightly curled and she was wearing a green and yellow corset dress that just came to the ground. She was wearing this dress because she and Stefan had to stand in the miss Mystic Falls float and it was set in the late 1800’s.

“Elena you look amazing,” I said giving her a hug.

“Thank Torrie,” Elena said. “Damon you ok?”

“Yes,” he said smiling pulling himself together.

It bothered me a little bit how Elena looked like Katherine. What annoyed me even more was Damon not being able to stop starring at Elena.

When Stefan and Elena left to go to their float I hit Damon in the stomach.

He grunted not seeing it coming and asked, “What was that for?”

“Stop looking at Elena like that!” I yelled.

“Oh so know that were together now I’m not allowed to look at any other girls now?” he said glaring at me.

“Not like that!” I said.

“Like what?” he said raising an eyebrow.

“Don’t be a smart ass with me,” I said pointing at him.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” he said raising his hands.

I groaned and walked away from Damon.

“Where are you going?” Damon yelled out.

“To get some popcorn,” I yelled back.

While I was in the popcorn line I saw John Gilbert and a few police officers walk into an old building. I was curious so I followed them sneakily. I stopped by a window at the back of the building and tucked my hair behind my ear so that I could hear better.

“Tonight as soon as the fireworks go off I will set the off the device. You will only have a few minutes to inject the vampires with vervain and to get them down into the basement. Make sure the rest of the officers know this,” I heard John say to the other men and women.