Chapter 7

After breakfast, Tansy showed Amber around the castle. If Im going to be a wife, I'm surely am going to get lost here. Wait! No! I'm not agreeing with those people! I'm not going to marry Nazaire! Their millions of other vampire chicks that are more hotter and better than me!

"You cannot undo the agreement. Once you have made a contract with the king, you cannot withdraw it." Tansy told Amber.

"How do you know what I was thinking?" Amber asked. Amber and Tansy were walking in the hallway.

Tansy did a small smile, "I am gifted."

"You can read thoughts!" Amber asked.

"Yes." Tansy nodded.

"That must be awesome. I wish I can read thoughts. I would read Luke's thought and see what his thinking and--" She stopped talking. Her eyes started tearing up. 

"Here you go, miss." Tansy hold up a napkin for Amber. Amber took it wiping the tears that were starting to fall from her eyes.

"Thank you." She muttered, "You are very organized."

"I have been in this castle for other thousands of years, but Amber, is this Luke last name Cathaway?" Tansy asked. Amber glared at her. 

"Yeah. Why?" Amber asked.

"You must stay away from him." Tansy answered, "His a danger to us."

"What do y--"

"I'm sorry, Amber. But, that is private information. It is no concern for our future queen."

Amber sighed. She didn't feel like arguing. Tansy continued giving her a tour in the castle and walk her back into her room.

"What am I going to do all day?" Amber asked.

"Usually, our queens would explore all around the castle but you cannot leave it unless your going to a ball from someone else. Your a human. It's important for you to stay here in the castle. Their are vampires out there who are crazy mad for blood and aren't aloud to go to Earth." Tansy answered, "Oh, and there's not day. It's always night."

"Night! What do you mean there's no day?" Amber asked Tansy.

"We're vampires dumb human!"

Amber looked up and saw a girl who was the same height as Tansy with look black hair that was past her butt, her eyes were a ugly color of green. Her body was very skinny. Her skin looked super pale and smooth. It irked Amber that these vampires look so beautiful.

"Excuse me?" Amber asked the little girl.

"You heard me. We're vampires dumb human!" She repeated,"And if their were a sun, we will all burn up and die."

Yeepee! Amber wanted to yell.

"Anyways, I hear your my new sister-in-law now." The little girl walked foward to Amber.

"Yeah I guess." Amber glared at her.

"You know, I was suppose to marry Nazaire." She told Amber.

"Gross! Aren't you his sister?" Amber asked.

"Who cares! I'm not going to let my brother marry some stupid human from a contract!" The little girl started yelling, her eyes started turning red, she lifted up her hands, showing skeleton-like fingers and long sharp nails.

"Neva, please do not try and kill the prince's wife." Tansy put her arm in front of Amber, shielding her.

"Go away Tansy!" Neva yelled at her.

"I cannot disobey King Elsdon orders by you trying to kill her! Please apologize to Amber!" Tansy shouted at her. Tansy face looked hard and scary. She saw her nails grew more longer and her skin going whiter. 

"I'm sorry but you better watch out human." She hissed and walked away. 

"How old is she?" Amber asked.

"She's thirteen." Tansy dropped her hands. Her nails started to go shorter,"She's been in love with the prince since she was a little girl. That's why Nazaire never let his girlfriends from his school here in the castle."

"Nazaire goes to school?" Amber asked.

"Yes. Vanessa Ann Academy. King Elsdon forbids you to attend to school here in the night world. That's why he hired me to tutor you." Tansy answered.

"Elsdon really likes me." Amber muttered.

Tansy did a small smile, "Yes."

Tansy showed Amber more of the castle. Amber met a lot of people who lived in the castle with King Elsdon and his wife. Some were polite to her and some were just rude. Tansy and Amber appeared in front of a huge white down. It was beautifully carved and looked very victorian.

"What is this?" Amber asked.

"It's the chapel. The place where Nazaire and you will marry in." Tansy answered,"It's a tradition that the groom should not see the bride untill the wedding day. The bride isn't also allowed to look in the chapel or her wedding dress till it's the wedding day."

"So, I'm not allowed to see Nazaire or my wedding down or the chapel?" Amber asked.

"Correct." Tansy nodded.

"That's bullcrap!" Amber blurted out.

Tansy did a chuckle.

Amber rolled her eyes, "Have you were ever married?"

Tansy face softened and her eyes looked like she was going to cry but no tears were falling nor her voice sounded like she was crying.

"I used to be. My husband name was Mortimer. We were together for a long time. He used to live here. He was a very important and powerful vampire." Tansy answered.

"What happened?" Amber asked.

"He was killed. By those horrid beast!" Tansy voice risen.

"Beast?" Amber repeated. The only beast that would be with vampires are werewolves. Amber eyes went wide.

"Are you telling me he was killed by a werewolf?" Amber asked, interested.

Tansy eyes went wide. She grabbed onto Amber shoulders and squeezed it really hard. Amber was in extreme pain.

"Please don't tell anybody Amber! If anyone here finds out, it will be war between the werewolves and vampires." Tansy whispered.

"So, there's werewolves also here in the nightworld?" Amber asked, surprised. Tansy nodded quick and unleashed her.

"Please don't tell nobody. Nazaire's wife shouldn't know about this." Tansy said.

"Your secrets safe with me. Anyways, where's Elsdon? I need to go talk to him." Amber asked. They started walking again.

"The king is always busy." Tansy answered.

Crap! How am I going to tell him I don't want to marry Nazaire? I'm eighteen! Since was I stared in Breaking Dawn without me knowing?

"You cannot go against the king. If you do, it may be possible that you will get killed, along with your family." Tansy read Amber's mind.

"Can you stop that?" Amber asked.

"I cannot stop reading minds. It's something I can't control."

Amber sighed, "Anyways, when is my big wedding day?" Amber asked.

"Tomorrow." Tansy answered.

Amber stopped walking.

"Tomorrow!" She repeated, "I've just got here. Can't you guys wait for a couple of days or so?"

"We cannot. It's very important that we start soon." Tansy answered.

Amber didn't respond after that. She was going to get married tomorrow. She can't say no or object. Amber felt like she wanted to get in a ball and cry.