Chapter 2

Feburary 14th

Present

“Amber. Amber.” Soft voices whisper to Amber in her dream.

“Amber. Amber.” They repeated. Amber had this dream for all her life. She has never experienced a normal dream. You know, the ones when people dream about food, places, people, and other stuff. Only thing Amber ever dreamed about was darkness and a whisper calling her name.

“Ammmberrrr!” She heard different voices. It was familiar. Oh right! It’s her mom and dad. She slowly woke up and saw her parent’s faces by her bedside.

“Happy eight-tenth birthday!” They both screamed, smiles on their faces. Amber slowly sat up from her bed.

“Thanks guys.” She smiled at them.

“Gina and Sakura are downstairs waiting for ‘ya. Hurry and get ready!” Mom excitedly said.

“Am I still going to school?” Amber asked, hoping she doesn’t have too.

“Yep!” Her father grinned wider. Amber smiled turned into a frown. She hated going to that old raggedy private school. Both of her parents left the room. Amber would stay in her bed and celebrate her birthday in sleep but she doesn’t want to go to sleep. She likes to sleep but the dreams are always the same and creeps her out. Someone whispers her name. She had these dreams all her life. Amber got out of bed and got ready for school. She walked into the bathroom. First she saw a yellow note:

Happy Birthday Beautiful!

Love,

Mommy, Daddy, Gina, Sakura, and Luke.

She laughed. All the people she loves put this on her mirror and signing their names into it. She looked down at the sink and noticed another one it. She picked it up and read it:

Hey Birthday girl! Today is your special day and the day you look nice! Meaning, new things!

Love,

Mommy, Daddy, Gina, Sakura, and Luke

“I wonder how much notes will I be reading today.” Amber muttered. She used the new beauty products she had for her presents. She felt renewed. Amber looked at her self in the mirror. Amber had dirty blonde hair and deep dark black or brown eyes like her dad. She inherited her lips, nose, jaw line, and eye shape like her mother. People say she looks like her dad but if you look real closely she looks just like her mother. Amber changed into her new clothes that were in her closet. Amber already knew this was going to be the best birthday ever! She ran downstairs. She found Gina and Sakura sitting in the living couch.

“Amber!” They called her name and stood up and hugged her. Amber hugged them back. Gina and Sakura were Amber’s best friends.

“Where’s Luke?” Amber asked. Luke was Amber’s guy best friend. Amber always had a crush on him since the third grade. Amber with him longer she was with Gina and Sakura.

“You’ll see him at school.” Gina said, she and Sakura hooked their arms with Amber arms.

“We cannot! Be late for school. We already have something planned for you.” Sakura and Gina dragged Amber out the door. Amber couldn’t even say bye to her parents.