Chapter 8

Feburary 16th

Today was Amber's wedding day. She was woken up by Tansy and escorted into a huge room full of beautiful white dresses. Amber learned that Tansy made them all. It fascinated Amber that she made the dresses look so beautiful and only for her. Tansy made Amber try on every dress. Tansy had made over twenty dresses and they all looked beautiful to Amber. Every dress Amber wore, Tansy would deny it.

"What am I gonna wear?" Amber asked, in a robe now.

"Luckily, I made another one last night." Tansy said. She went to the back of the room and disappeared from view and came back with not white, but a pale vanilla dress. 

"That's the extra dress?" Amber asked.

"Yes." Tansy answered. She helped Amber into the dress. Amber saw her self in the dress and it surprised Amber. The dress had a long mermaid tail. It was long sleeve but the waist up had lace on it, including her arms. The dress was very soft and thin and fitted Amber perfectly. Tansy also did Amber's hair, make up, and shoes. The transformation stunned Amber more.

"Wow." was all she could say. Her hair was curled and pinned up to a loosely bun. Amber had a lace vanilla veil, matching her gown, on her head. She had a banquet of roses. Amber looked beautiful, and mostly like her mother. 

"Amber, come on. It's time." Tansy pulled her. Tansy was not wearing her maid uniform. She was wearing a black one shouldered dress. The waist and above looked like it was wrapped but the skirt was all silk and down. Tansy's hair was in a high bun instead down. She also wore black heels. They half walked and half jogged to the beautiful white carved door.

"I'm nervous." Amber blurted out. It was true. Amber felt like she would mess up. She was getting married to a vampire and she was going to be in a room full of vampires and only human.

"It's alright Amber. You'll do great. When everything fails," She paused and looked at Amber in the eyes,"Look cute." She answered, smiling. Amber smiled too and hugged Tansy. Tansy was her only friend here.

"Good luck." Tansy opened to doors. When she opened it, it was a room that had a walkway up to some stairs. Amber turned to Tansy.

"Am I suppose to go up?" Amber asked. Tansy nodded. Amber sighed and went inside the room. She walked up the steps. When she was done walking up the stairs, Amber followed the red carpet that led to the wedding. Every step Amber took, it made her nervous. She wanted to turn back and run but she couldn't do that. If she did, her family will get killed, inlcuding her. The red carpet stopped in front of two wooden door. Amber was going to open it when a vampire opened it for her. It was King Elsdon. He grinned at her.

"You look stunning Amber." He complimented her. 

"Thank you." She answered. Elsdon hooked his arm around Amber's arm. 

"Let's go." Elsdon said.

Elsdon escorted Amber the aisle. The chapel inside looked old and ancient. It was dark and the no color. Amber noticed everyone wearing black. She was the only one and thing that was color to the room. Everything else looked dead and colorless. Everyone stand and watched Amber walked down the aisle. Amber smiled at the vampires who were watching her. She looked foward and saw Nazaire. Her face softened. Amber's heart skipped a beat. Or two. The sight of him bought the feeling of making out with him back at Snake. Looking at him was like looking at him for the first time. She could never forget his face or get tired of it. He was wearing a black tuxedo. When Elsdon was done escorting Amber, he sat down on a chair by his son. Amber stood in front of Nazaire. He looked the same. His eyes were more lighter. His face was pale. His hair was was messy but still look good. He grabbed Amber hand. His hand was still cold and gave Amber body shockwaves and flickers. Amber gripped the hand that held the banquet of roses tighter.

"We are here today to join Amber Quivers and Nazaire Pharamond in a life of mutual commitment. It is fitting and appropriate that you, the family and friends of Amber Quivers and Nazaire Pharamond, be here to witness and to participate in their union. For the ideals, the understanding, and the mutual respect which they bring to their life together had their roots in the love and friendship and guidance you have given them. The union of two people makes us aware of the changes wrought by time. But the new relationship will continue to draw much of its beauty and meaning from the intimate associations of their past." The man that stood between Nazaire and Amber said.

 Nazaire stared into Amber eyes. Amber didn't look away. She held his gaze. As the man talk, Amber couldn't stop looking at Nazaire. He was so beautiful and pretty. Amber wanted to caress his cheek. Good thing she didn't this time. As the man spoke, he got into the wedding vows.

"Do you Nazaire Pharamond, take Amber Quivers, to be your partner in life and sharing your path; equal in love, a mirror for your true self, promising to honor and cherish, through good times and bad, until death do you part?"

"I do." Nazaire smiled.

"Do you Amber Quivers, take Nazaire Pharamond, to be your partner in life and sharing your path; equal in love, a mirror for your true self, promising to honor and cherish, through good times and bad, until death do you part?" 

Amber hesitanted. She looked all around at the people staring at her, waiting for her answer. She wanted to say she can't but she had her family life at her hands. A tear went down on Amber's cheek, "I, I do." Her voice sounded soft and delicate. People came to Nazaire and Amber with their rings. Nazaire took the ring from the person and slid the ring on her finger.

"With this ring, I thee wed."

Amber did the same to his hand.

"With this ring, I thee wed."

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Nazaire, you may kiss your bride."

Amber was nervous. She didn't had butterflies in her stomach. She had birds! Nazaire and her was going to kiss again. Nazaire leaned over and kissed Amber. This kiss wasn't like their make out. It was romantic and passionate. Nazaire pulled away than gave Amber a light kiss. Amber cheeks were on fire. Everyone clapped and yelled. Nazaire had his forehead touching Amber's

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you,  Mrs Amber Pharamond and Mr Nazaire Pharamond!" He yelled.

Amber was now married to a vampire.