Chapter 13

We decided to eat at Chili's and Nazaire was going to pay. They all ask Nazaire bunch of questions. Some of them Amber had to answer on my own. Luke still gave Nazaire the cold stare.

"Amber can I talk to you?" Luke asked Amber.

"Oh, um sure." Amber smiled at him. Amber heart was thumping. Luke and Amber got up from the table. Nazaire grabbed Amber's wrist before she walk.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm going with Luke. It's fine."

"I don't trust him." Nazaire muttered.

"What do you mean you don't trust him! His my best friend!" Amber voice risen.

Nazaire eyes begged me to stay with him but I ignored them. Nazaire let go of me and I followed Luke. We walked outside. It was really windy and a bit chilly.

"What do you want to talk about?" Amber asked Luke.

"Where were you? You never explained where you went."

"I had to go away for a while that's all." 

"Your lying to me."

"What do you me?"

"Nazaire isn't human. His a vampire."

Amber flinched. No one must know about Nazaire being a vampire,"What are you talking about? Everyone knows vampires don--"

"Yes they do." Luke cut me off.

"What makes you think that? Nazaire seems fine to me."

"He didn't eat anything tonight Am! Doesn't that explain it?"

"He might not be hungry!"

Luke grabbed the top of my head and tilted to the side hard,"I knew it! He is a vampire and he sucked your blood already !" Amber pushed Luke away. This wasn't the Luke she knew. He isn't the nice and kind-hearted Luke she known when they were children.

"Fine! His a vampire! Get over it." I admit,"He didn't do anything to anyone."

"His not just a vampire Amber! His the King Elsdon son and the next in line for the throne. What are you doing being married to him?"

"That's not any of your business."

"Yes it is!"

"How?" Amber asked.

"Your my best friend Amber and there is something I gotta show you." Luke answered. Luke started walking to a dark alley behind Chilli's. There was only one light and Amber could barely see anything.

"What is it that's so important you gotta show me?" Amber asked. Luke stepped back a couple of feet into some darkness. He jumped high in the air and shifted into a grayish brown huge wolf. Amber mouth dropped. She remembered there were wolves in the Night World. Amber looked at the wolf's eye. She saw the same blue human eyes of Luke.

"Your a werewolf."

Luke shifted back to his human form,"Yes."

"What are you doing in planet Earth? Aren't you suppose to be in the Night World?" Amber asked.

"I am but my father sent me to Earth to protect me."

"Why?"

"Because his father killed Mortimer." Someone said behind me. I turned back and saw Nazaire. The name Mortimer sounded really familiar.

"He deserved to die. He stoled the Aulis from my father."

"He stole the Aulis because it belonged to the vampires not you dogs." Nazaire responded.

"What's the Aulis?" Amber asked, completely confused about what's going.

"It's a very powerful weapon that can kill both vampire and werewolf." Nazaire explained. Nazaire grabbed Amber's hand,"Let's go." 

"I'm not letting you leave with Amber!" Luke walked quickly and grabbed Amber's other hand.

"She's my wife!" 

"She's not going to a place full blood-suckers!"

Amber didn't know what to choose. She wanted to be with Nazaire because her family life was on the line. She wanted to be with Luke because he was her first love and want to be with him forever. But I don't want to leave Nazaire. Amber looked at Luke and Nazaire. Amber snatched her wrist, from Luke. 

"Amber, you don't know what your getting yourself into." Luke muttered.

Amber didn't answer. Nazaire pulled her away from Luke and walked away from the ally.

"I'm going to get you out of the Night World Amber and I'm going to kill Nazaire and King Elsdon and rescue you!" Luke yelled out behind him. Amber squeezed Nazaire hands more. She was terrified. She never saw that kind of Luke. 

Nazaire decided to go back to the Night World. Amber didn't argue. She agreed. She wanted to leave as soon as possible. They stopped at Amber's home for a final good bye. Nazaire and Amber walked outside of the house. It was dark and there were probably vampires out.

"We gotta hurry. Vampires could be lurking anywhere."

Amber nodded.

Nazaire grabbed Amber hand. His eyes turned gray for a moment then, they disappeared out of Earth into the castle, in the library. Amber was amazed at what Nazaire just done. She was kind of jealous that vampires get to have cool powers.

"I'm not letting him take you." Nazaire spoke. 

"Why not?"

"Because your mine." He answered, stepping a little closer to Amber. Amber's heart sped up pace. Nazaire already took her breath away and he didn't do anything at all but move closer to her.

"They killed Tansy's mate?" Amber asked. 

"Yes. That is who Mortimer is."

"Why did he have to get the Aulis?" Amber started walking around the huge dusty library. Nazaire followed behind her.

"My father ordered him too. One of the werewolves stole it from here and Mortimer went to the werewolf territory to get it back. The first time he asked and told Elsdon about it. He said to just steal it back and Mortimer did. He had the Aulis and almost to vampire territory. Then, one of those mutts got to him and killed him. Tansy cried for almost two years for him. It's very hard when a vampire lost he or she mate. Luckily Tansy had some controll and didn't took revenge."

Amber understood. No wonder Tansy was acting unusual about Mortimer. Amber wondered if Nazaire would get revenge and cry if she were ever killed.

"Would you take revenge or cry if I were to ever die?" Amber asked. Luckily Nazaire didn't see Amber face. She was blushing madly. Good thing he was behind her. It took a few seconds for him to answer and Amber spoke again,"Don't answer it. It's not like you lo--"

"I would." He answered. Amber stopped walking. Would did it mean? Amber thought. Amber heart was thumping in a very fast pace.

"Amber." Amber loved the way he said her name. He sounded melodic and soft. He came up behind Amber and wrapped his arms around her waist. His touch send her chills. Her breath was quickening and the temperature was rising.

"Am I making you nervous?" He asked. Amber could feel him smirking.

"No. What to feel nervous about?" Amber lied.

"Your lying." He let go of Amber. Amber suddenly felt empty when he let go of her. Amber looked at Nazaire and saw him staring at her too. They were like that for a while then Amber asked the question she was dying to ask.

"Nazaire, are you in love with me?"