Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Amber eyes widened what Finlay said. Amber remembered Denzel, Nazaire's older brother. Amber remembered that he tried to seduce her. She remembered the way she felt weak under his spell. Amber couldn't imagine facing Denzel again.

"Why does he want me?" Amber asked, trying to sound confident.

"He never say. Let's cut the chit chat and get this over with. Shall we, boys?" Finlay gave Amber a smirk. Tansy took another protective step in front of Amber.

"Tansy, you can't take them all down." Amber whispered to Tansy.

"I know I can't but Prince Nazaire ordered me to find you can and protect you. I can't go against the highness words." Tansy responded.

The men charged forward to Tansy and Amber. Amber didn't want to Tansy to fight. Tansy didn't look scared. She had that blank face and charged to the brothers.

Tansy flipped over one of the brothers. Another jumped on Tansy and the one Tansy flipped over quickly recovered and jumped on Tansy. Tansy fought against the two brothers but she couldn't hold them off for long.

"Go Amber!" Tansy shouted, blocking a kick to the face.

"No need your highness. Our job would be a lot easier if you just come with us." Finlay walked to Amber slowly. A few weeks ago Amber would've ran away from these blood suckers. Now, she felt adrenaline rushing through her veins. She didn't want to leave Tansy by herself fighting alone.

"Run!" Amber heard Tansy shouted out. Amber was tired of running. She wanted to fight.

Finlay grabbed Amber's upper arm. Amber tried to pull her arm away but he was too strong. Amber glared at him.

"Let go!" Amber said.

"Now now your highness, let's be less rowdy."

"Let go!" She shouted louder.

"Boys." Finlay called to his brothers.

"I said, let go!" Amber screamed and something with through her. Not adrenaline, something powerful and delicious. It boost Amber up. It made her senses increase. Her She felt physically and mentally strong too. She didn't know how she was like this. It's like drinking five Monsters. Amber thought. She looked at Finlay. His face was a mixture of shock and pain. Amber took her arm away from him. Finlay fell to the concrete. He looked dazed and shocked.

Amber gasped and put her hands to her mouth. What had I done? Amber couldn't tell if he was dead or alive. Amber touched him and he felt Finlay shaking. Amber sighed in relief. She didn't kill him. She didn't want to kill him. The thought of killing someone scared Amber.

Amber looked up at Tansy and found her struggling with the two brothers. Amber ran towards them, wondering if she can paralyze the men like she did to Finlay. She touched one of the brothers and try to remember that sensation again.

She heard the vampire stop and fall to the ground with the same expression as Finlay. Amber did the same to the remaining brother. After, he was down, Amber pulled Tansy to a hug. She was happy that she was okay. Tansy hugged back then pull away.

"I'm gonna make a portal to the night world." Tansy did a circular gesture with her hands and there, she saw Nazaire pacing in their bedroom room with the look of worry in his face. Amber thought he looked human for moment. She stepped into the doorway and ran to Nazaire just in time when he was pacing back to her. She jumped on him and gave him millions of kisses.

"Nazaire! You have no idea how much I missed you." Amber said between kisses.

Nazaire was trying to push away from her but Amber only pulled him closer.

"Amber, could you please stop?" Nazaire spoke.

She forced herself to pull away.

"Happy?" Amber asked.

Nazaire gave her a smirk and crashed his lips to hers. Amber missed this. Sparks went through Amber body. She didn't want this to end. She to forget about everything and stay like this forever. Something popped in Amber's head. Amber pushed Nazaire away and turned around to face where the portal was. It was gone. Only the bookshelf stood there.

"Where's Tansy?" Amber asked.

"I thought she was with you." Nazaire answered.

"She was." Amber muttered. Amber started to get worried again. She couldn't believe she left Tansy like that. She fought those brothers and found her in London,"We need to find Tansy."

"Tansy will be fine. She's one of the most powerful vampire I know. Come back to me please." Nazaire pleaded. As much Amber wanted to, she shook her her head.

"No. We're in a middle of a crisis. Did you know Denzel is back?" Amber asked.

Nazaire glared at her,"For what exactly?"

"Finlay didn't say." Amber responded.

"Finlay, the Redmond brothers?" Nazaire eyes widened, "Amber what were you doing with them?"

Amber told him everything. From being kidnapped to entering the portal. She left out the part about touching the brothers. She was too scared to admit about her new powers. Nazaire started pacing again with a look of concentration and frustration in his face.

"Denzel sent one of the greatest assassins to capture you. You aren't human but you aren't vampire either. I wonder why does he want you." Nazaire said.

"To be my wife."

Nazaire froze in his spot in mid-stride. Amber looked up.

"Denzel." Amber muttered.

"Hey babe you missed me?" Denzel winked at Amber.