Timothy

Chapter 22

Annabeth's P.O.V.

I was sitting in a mini sofa with Percy, lying unconscious on the couch beside my seat. There was a first aid kit on the coffee table in front of us and Mr. Garfield was sitting on a little chair next to Percy’s couch, patting his head with a wet face towel.

We were back in Macy’s house. In the basement to be specific. I could still see the boxes of Mr. Garfield and I could also see the paintings that Macy, Erica and I did.

“You know, Annabeth,” Mr. Garfield said. “You’re pretty popular in the mortal and immortal world.”

I looked at him. “Well, umm..” I said, still figuring out why he decided to choose that topic for a conversation starter. “I guess, Mr. Garfield…” I did know that. Well, it’s hard not to notice. How could you not when you walk around the school and always hear someone whispering and pointing at you. Sometimes, there was even a whistle…

“Oh, dear,” he said, chuckling quietly. “You can stop calling me ‘sir’ or ‘Mr. Garfield’. You can call me by my name; Timothy. Or for short; Tim.”

I nodded, slowly. It’s not very comfortable to call an elder by his/her first name. Well, except Chiron.. “Okay…., Tim”

Silence. I’m not sure if it was comfortable silence or an uncomfortable silence. I’m just sure that it was silence.

“I’m sorry,” Tim said. My head shot to him. “If I was a bit rude at you when you came here with Macy, the first time.” He explained.

“Oh, that’s okay, Tim.” I said, shrugging it off. He smiled at me before putting the wet towel down.

“I’m going to go get you some water.” He said. “That okay with you?” he asked. I nodded.”Okay then. Would you mind continue….” He said, gesturing to the towel and Percy.

“Oh, sure.” I said.

When he walked out of the basement door, I looked at Percy and sighed, getting the wet cloth and continued to pat his head.. “I’m sorry… agghhh!! If I just helped. Maybe this wouldn’t happen to you.” I said. “Maybe you wouldn’t be sleeping and I can see your beautiful eyes?..” I whispered. It was true though. It was true that it was my fault. Well, I guess not all of it, but part of it was my fault. I just had to be that dumb enough to leave my dagger. I should’ve known that being that it was dangerous being a demigod, anywhere, anytime.

But, I swear, I saw his hand twitch after I said that. But, when I focused on it, it didn’t move an inch. I sighed and just decided to continue.

It wasn’t long till Mr. Garfield- I mean, Tom- came back with two glasses of water in his hands. When he put the glasses down on the coffee table, I immediately drank one of the glasses of water. I gulped it down, before putting it back on the table and looking at Tom.

“Tom, is this really okay?” I asked. He raised an eyebrow. “I mean, percy and I staying here. Won’t they find out?”

“Hmm.. well, I guess they wouldn’t go here since its Sunday tomorrow and they’re probably going out of town for their father’s business or because the lady mistress wants to go shopping.” He said, emphasizing the lady mistress. “So yeah, no one probably would see you. You could even stay here for lunch.”

I nodded. “You’re not going with them?” he shook his head.

“I never go with them.” He said. “And even if I wanted to, they wouldn’t let me. And I’m guessing you know why?” he said. It was true, I do know why. It was because people like us don’t fit in, and mortals think we’re what a mortal would call weird; different. We either stand out or looked down on. I nodded in understanding.