Jessica

chapter 3

ANNABETH'S P.O.V.

TUESDAY…

                   The second period was done and I was at my locker getting my art materials, when I felt strong arms wrap around my waist.

“Hey, Wisegirl” he whispered. I giggled. Whoa whoa whoa, wait. Me-giggle!?! Weird…

“Hey, Seaweed Brain” I said as I closed my locker with the bag of art materials in my hand, and turned around to face him.

“So, what were you doing?” he said smiling down at me.

“Wasn’t that obvious?” I chuckled.

“Just trying to start a conversation here!” he retorted. I smiled.

                        I put one of my hands on his cheek, still smiling. He leaned down slowly. But before our lips could even touch, a voice startled us. A bit too girly voice if you ask me…

“Hey, Percy! Yo, Chlorine Breath!” it said.

                        Then I saw a girl wearing jean shorts that ends to the knees, sandals, and a simple yellow t-shirt complementing her straight orange hair that ends up to the small of her back. She was also wearing a tad bit of make-up. She was pale and had a few red freckles and her eyes were a warm shade of brown. She has the same height of Macy. Pretty, I guess. But nothing compared to the girls at camp.

                        She had this huge grin on her face and was running towards us. when she was near enough, she tackled Percy with a bear hug.

“Hey, Jessica.” Percy said hugging her back.

“I missed you!!” Jessica said.

“yeah…Where’d you go in the summer?” Percy said trying to start a conversation, while I just there awkwardly, just watching the two. I felt a bit angry? No, this was different.

We went to Florida” Jessica cheered. “It was very nice.”

Well then you should’ve just stayed there. I thought. Uh oh.. my green eyed monster is coming out….

                        Then she noticed me. She seemed to blank at first then she smiled. Not really what I was expecting but…

“Hi!, Jessica Kirstin.” She said holding her hand out with a smile. “ Who are you?”

“Annabeth Chase” I said shaking her hand, smiling. She seemed nice. But there’s still this nagging feeling, telling me not to trust this girl.

                        Then I looked at Percy with an eyebrow raised, tilting my head as if asking ‘care to explain?’. Luckily, he got the message. His eyes widened, and put an arm around me.

“Annabeth, Jessica is my best friend ere at Goode beside Rachel.” he said to me. “Jessica, Annabeth is my girlfriend.” He said looking at me smiling.

                        For a second I think I saw anger flash in Jessica’s eyes, but as quick as it came it was gone. So, I thought it was only my imagination.

“Well, congrats!” she said beaming. Then the warning bell rang.

“Hey, what’s your next subject!” Percy said to Jessica.

“Swimming duh!!!” Jessica said.

“Cool, me too!” Percy replied. Jessica and I rolled our eyes, then laughed. “What!” Percy demanded.

“Nothing, nothing! C’mon let’s go together!” Jessica said.

“Sure!” Percy said then his eyes widened, then looked at me. “Wise Girl, I-”

“S’okay, I’ll find my way around. I’m a big girl Percy.” I said trying my best not to sound hurt.

“Thanks, you’re the best!” Percy said.” Let’s go!” he said to Jessica then they walked away.

                       I just stood there.

                       Staring at them.

                       Sadness was taking over me.

                       He forgot something he always do when we’re going to be away. Even for a little while.

                       I sighed then walked to art class. I got there just a few seconds before the bell rang.

“Okay, class. Yesterday we studied the basics. Today, we’re just going to draw. So, take out your penc-…..” the teacher said a lot more, but I zoned out.

                       I couldn’t concentrate. Even if we’re doing one of the things I loved. I just can’t concentrate. For only one thing was on my mind.

                       He didn’t kiss me.