Date Night

CHAPTER 10

PERCY'S P.O.V.

                        I woke up with a smile on my face. Today’s Friday; the day of our date.

                        I showered quickly, dressed myself, then ran down the stairs.

“Hi, Percy. Why so early, honey?” mom said when I entered the kitchen.

“What? Now, I can’t even wake up early?” I defended. She looked at me with a raised eyebrow. “fine.” I sighed. “I, have a date.” I finished proudly.

“Really? Where are you taking Annabeth?” she asked leaning against the table.

                        Somehow, I knew this would happen. She loved Annabeth. She thinks Annabeth is responsible, intelligent, fun, beautiful, etc. let’s just say that she thinks Annabeth is perfect; she thinks Annabeth is the best girlfriend I could ask for. And you know what?

                        She’s right.

                        Annabeth is the best.

“Can’t tell you. It’s a secret.” I said smiling as I sat down and prepared myself a bowl of cereal.

                        I heard footsteps walking down the stairs.

“Hey, Sally who are you talking to- Percy?”

                        I turned around and saw Paul wearing his normal attire, looking at me wide-eyed.

“Oh, hey Paul.” I said then continued to eat my cereal.

“P-Percy, W-What are you doing up, already?” he asked.

“C’mon, I can wake up anytime I want!” I defended in a whiny voice. “it’s not even that early!”

“Okay…” he said then looked at mom for an explanation. She just chuckled.

“Percy has a date with Annabeth.” Mom told him. He nodded.

“You’re not ditching school are you?” he asked me as he opened the fridge and took out the milk.

“Course not!” I said. “I’m also gonna ride her to school. So..bye.”I said as I stood up and took my bag.

“okay, bye baby.” Mom said as she walked towards me and pecked my cheek.

“I’ll see you later at school, Percy.” Paul called.

“Kay, Paul. Bye mom.” I said, then took off.

--------LINE BREAK--------

                        I was in my car, outside of Annabeth’s apartment waiting for her to come out.

                        She didn’t know that I’d be getting her to school, so when she came out of the apartment and saw me…

“P-Percy?” she asked stunned, walking towards my car.

“Hey, babe.” I said as I walked towards her and pecking her lips.

“What in the world are you doing here!?!” she said/asked smiling. “And, especially, what in the world are you doing up so early?”

                        *facepalm* (mentally, though)

“Really?! Why does everybody ask that! I can wake up anytime I want!” I yelled, facing the sky with closed eyes, and pinching the bridge of my nose. I sighed. “fine, I’ll go now if you don’t want me here….” I said, sighing and slumping my shoulders.