The Cold Shoulder

Chapter 5

ANNABETH'S P.O.V.

                        Okay, I was seriously pissed!! I mean, what would you feel if your boyfriend forgot to kiss you goodbye, when he always does that!! Especially if the reason he has to go is because of a girl!!!

                        You’re probably thinking.. Gosh, Annabeth are you having mood swings or something ‘cuz, earlier, you were sooo sad about that, and NOW, you’re mad!! Dang there’s something wrong with you, girl!!

                        Well, the answer is; I don’t freaking know! Athena knows how to hold a grudge; Athena child knows how to hold a grudge.

                        And it doesn’t really help, that I get to walk in the cafeteria, and see my boyfriend smiling down at the same girl with an arm around her, and that girl smiling back!

                        I mean, I was ‘lucky’ enough to be in art class A.K.A the class that got to lunch last. And what do I get when I got there? My boyfriend smiling down at a girl with his arm around her. What a wonderful surprise!!! NOTE THE SARCASM!!!

                        UUGGHH, anyway I didn’t want to make a scene, since it’s like, what, my second day? I mean, who would, right?

                        So, I just quickly stalked off and went to get my lunch. When I got it, I looked at it with discuss. Today, our lunch contains mystery meat, carrots, bread, and a few assortments of vegetable. Ewww…..

“Hey, Annabeth. You okay? I noticed you were a little…distracted.. in art class. Then when the bell rang you basically sprinted out of the room. There’s gotta be something wrong.” Macy said coming up to me with her lunch in her hands.

“Oh, well, I’m okay.” I said. She raised an eyebrow. “Just.. a little distracted.” I added.

“Oh, okay. Well, do you wanna go sit with us, or are y-“

“I’m gonna sit with you!” I said quickly, cutting her off. I really didn’t want to sit with Percy or Jessica. At least for today.

“Are you sure?” she said eyeing me.

“Yeah, let’s go!” I said dragging her to her table.

                        When we got there the table immediately became quiet. I mean, seriously you could’ve heard a pin drop. Wonder why….?

“Hey, can I sit here?” I said looking at them. They were quiet at first, staring at me. Then, they cheered.

“Yeah!”

“Why, not. Sit!”

“I’m glad you’re here”

“Hell yeah!”

“Sure!”

                        They all said that, mumbling agreements and what not. Kyle gestured the empty seat next to him. I smiled gratefully in return and sat down. And as quick as a flash of light we were all laughing. Don’t ask me how or why. I don’t even know. We were just….. having a great time. I didn’t mind, though. I liked it like that.

                        I was also grateful that neither Kyle or Zed hit on me like yesterday. I guess I’m part of their gang. Hhhmmm I like that.