What Happened. And Danielle

Chapter 17

ANNABETH'S P.O.V.

It was Wednesday and It has been days since I caught Percy with that- excuse my choice of language- tramp. Also a few days since I actually had a civil conversation with Percy. It’s not that I don’t believe and/or trust him, but it’s just- WAIT! Let me tell you what happened

------ ----- ------ ------ FLASHBACK ------ ------ ------- ----

When we got to Jessica’s house, I couldn’t help but stare at it with awe. I mean, could you blame me? It’s freakin’ fantastic! It’s even better that Macy and Erica’s.

It was Egg white. (The color, I mean.) and at both of its sides, it made a circular shape with few vines circling it. Expensive plants were near the door, which was made of carved glass. The whole mansion had lots of windows and terrace, which was now crowded with strangers in tight clothing. Just by one glance at the house- ehem- mansion, you would know whoever owned this is really rich.

“Wow…” I sighed, still staring at the house with a smile on my face. I turned around to ask Percy if Jessica is rich or if we’re in the right place, but he wasn’t there. I swear, he was there a second ago. Now, all I see is people I don’t even know.

I tip-toed to look for any sign of Percy but I didn’t find any. I sighed and turned around, again to ask Nico if he knows where Percy has gone.

“Hey, Nic- ” I stopped when I was met with strangers dancing and no sign of Nico. “o….”

I looked around and sighed, again.

Well, let the search begin. Damn huge mansion!

----- ----- ------ ----- ---- - -- --- - ---- ------ -----

I searched around the mansion for a while until I got to a place that I’m guessing is the kitchen.

I looked around the kitchen trying to find Percy, Nico or someone I know. None. All there was were kids from school that I don’t know and some people from different schools.

I was going to exit the kitchen and go look somewhere else, when someone stopped me by grabbing my arm. Good thing I looked at the person before I kick him/her in the ass.

“Oh hey, Kyle.” I said, smiling at him. I looked at what he’s wearing and smiled even more. He was wearing a red checkered long sleeves shirt, normal blue jeans and sneakers. He looked good. And no. that’s not what made me smile. What made me smile was the fact that he didn’t dress up like the other guys. He dressed up like him. Most of the other guys were like completely different people.

Some were showing too much and some weren’t showing anything at all. I saw one guy who was wearing a polo, a vest, a hoodie and a jacket. And I’m pretty sure he was wearing a shirt inside. I mean, come on! It’s not yet Christmas! I also saw a guy who wasn’t wearing a shirt and only had shorts. At first, I thought he was going to the pool, but when I noticed he was dancing with some girls and from what I’ve heard the pool was outside in the backyard. Far from the main room, where he was. I decided that he wasn’t.

I mean, seriously. Nerds and loners (sorry, but it’s true) were acting cool and wearing cool clothes. Not. I swear, I even saw a guy wearing a tux. A tux!

“Hey, Annabeth. You checkin’ me out?” he said. I looked at him in surprise.

“What! No!” I defended. He chuckled and poked me at my sides. “Stop!”

“Just admit it. You were staring, Annie..” he teased. I put on my serious face and looked at him.

“I admit…. That I wasn’t checkin’ you out.” I said, firmly. He rolled his eyes. “ No, really. I have never and will never check out somebody who is not my boyfriend. A.K.A. Percy.” I said, then crossed my arms. He frowned at the mention of Percy, but he quickly recovered and raised an eyebrow.