Date Night Gone WRONG

CHAPTER 21

PERCY'S P.O.V.

I was waiting for Annabeth to come down in the living room. As I waited, I took the time to look around more closely at the room. It was simple yet very unique. How? I don’t know. The best part about the room is the fact that Annabeth decorated it. And the room itself radiated the style of Annabeth. Hence, making me smile.

I heard footsteps going down the stairs. I looked up, expecting to see Annabeth, but it was only her step-mother. When she saw me looking, she laughed.

“Oh, Percy, don’t worry.” She said, walking up to me. She put both of her pointing fingers at the sides of my mouth and dragging it up. Just like a mother does when she makes a baby smile *cough* forcefully *cough*. “Annabeth is coming down soon.” She said, stepping back a bit. So, that’s why she was doing that! I thought. I was frowning! I get it.

“Oh.” I said. “..Okay.”

“Well, I really don’t need to tell you this, because I know you are responsible enough, but Fredrick will kill me if he found out that I didn’t remind you the rules. Again. So yeah.” She said in one breath. I waited for her to continue. “So, as I was saying, I’m telling you that Annabeth should be here before midnight and I quote ‘preferably about 10’, but you know you could take her back anytime, right? Just not in the morning.” She said eyeing. I blushed under her stare, but nodded. She was going to say more rules that I get every time I go out with Annabeth, but fortunately Annabeth herself came to join the party.

“Helen, please stop killing Percy.” She said. I nodded at Helen, vigorously. She sighed.

“Fine, fine!” she said. “Go now, have fun, whatever! But if Fredrick finds out about this then I was never here.”

“Okay, Helen.” Annabeth said, laughing slightly. “We get it.”

“Well, I guess you should go.” She said, walking towards the kitchen. “And lock the door, will yah?!”

“Will do, Helen!” Annabeth and I shouted in unison. We looked at each other then burst out laughing. I could probably laugh for an hour, if it wasn’t for Annabeth. I stopped laughing as I took her appearance in.

She was wearing a blue (like the ocean) semi-formal dress, a jean jacket over it and was wearing black flats. What struck me the most was the necklace she was wearing. It was the gray pearl she wore when we went to Paris on our first anniversary. I smiled at the memories. There was only one thing that could describe me: speechless. And there was nothing that could describe her. I guess, the closest thing that came to my mind to describe her was the word ‘angelic’.

Yes, she was wearing a blue oceanic dress and she wasn’t even wearing a single color white, but it was angelic. She was angelic.

She noticed that I was staring at her and she stopped laughing. She looked confused, for a moment then blushed looking down. She looked at me and smiled.

“So, what do you think? Too formal?” she asked, twirling around for me to see. I smiled at her, shaking my head. She frowned. “So.. too casual??..” I laughed, shaking my head. I walked towards her and put my arms around her waist. “Then what?” she whispered.

“Too perfect.” I whispered back, leaning down. She smiled as she stretched her neck so we could connect our lips. As soon as our lips touched, Helen decided to barge in.

“Oh!” Helen’s voice said. Annabeth and I quickly pulled away and blushed. “Oh, sorry. I thought you were already out. Sorry for disturbing. I-”