We Talked. Blue Cookies.

Chapter 15

ANNABETH'S P.O.V.

“Percy, is that you?!” a familiar voice shouted from inside the house.

“Yeah, mom! I brought Annabeth with me!” Percy said from beside me. I could hear the door being shut by Nico, behind us.

Sally came to view with a big, radiant smile. She was wearing blue mittens and a matching blue apron under her usual attire, which is dark long sleeves shirt or sweaters, and comfy jeans. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun. She had a few bags under her eyes (which, I’m guessing, is caused by staying up all night, continuing her new novel. Her first book was a big success!). She also had a few more wrinkles, though she still looks beautiful as usual.

“Hi guys. How was school?” she said as she walked up to us and hugged Percy.

“It was fine, mom.” Percy said, hugging her back and kissing her cheek before pulling away. Sally then smiled at me opening her arms.

“It’s nice to see you again, Annabeth.” She said as I walked in her arms and hugged her.

“It’s nice to see you too, Sally.” I said pulling away. “I hope we didn’t bother you. It seems like you were busy.” I said gesturing to her apron and mittens. She looked at her apron and laughed.

“Oh you weren’t bothering me, honey. I was just baking blue cookies.” At this Percy lit up and became more alert. “They should be ready right about-” *ding* “now.”

At that, Percy and Nico raced to the kitchen, leaving me and Sally laughing at them.

----- ----- ----- ----- LINE BREAK ----- ----- ----- -----

“mmmmm…” Percy moaned as he finished his 6th cookie. “What did I do right, to have such an amazing mother?” Sally laughed.

“Flattery’s not going to get you anywhere, if you want another cookie, Percy.” She said shaking her head.

“Well, it is true, Mrs. Jackson. You are the best.” Nico said, when he finished his 10th cookie. I know right, who would’ve thought Nico could eat so much like a child? Definitely, not me. Sally chuckled.

“Oh, Nico. How nice of you to say that. Here, have another cookie.” Sally said while she gave another cookie for Nico.

“What?!” Percy exclaimed, causing Sally and I to chuckle at his reaction and Nico to smirk smugly at him. “Why?- you said- you- flattery- he- I- Urrghhhh!!”

We all laughed while Percy pouted.

“I was just joking, Percy. Here, have a cookie.” Sally said as she gave him a cookie. Percy instantly brightened and devoured the cookie. 

“Hmm…so good.” Percy mumbled, causing me to laugh and Sally to shake her head.

“Well, why don’t you kids hang up stairs and I’ll just go up later to give you a plate of blue cookies?” Sally asked, though it didn’t sound like a question at all. Percy frowned.

“But, there’s only one cookie left…” Nico said, sadly, gesturing to the tray of blue cookies- wait, sorry. Tray of blue cookie, considering there is only one cookie left on the tray.

“Yes, I know, sweetie.” Sally said. Nico was about to ask another question, though I knew Sally wasn’t done yet, so I rolled my eyes at him before finishing what sally meant to say.

“She meant that she will make another new batch of blue cookies.” I said. I rolled my eyes when I saw Nico come in to an understanding. I swear he could be really idiotic sometimes. That Death Breath. He probably has lots of dead brain cells. Hehe. Dead brain cells, see what I did there? No? Whatever. Just forget I said anything.