Death Kid With Black

CHAPTER 19

PERCY'S P.O.V.

I was ecstatic that Annabeth and I were okay again. These past few days, I’ve been devastated, because she won’t talk to me. And when she finally did, I can’t help but feel a bit angry. Though, I knew it already…

“Hi.” She said, looking at me. I nodded.

“Hey.” I said. I mentally cursed. This is so awkward….

“Percy, I’m sorry.”

“Annabeth, I’m sorry.” We apologized at the same time. I furrowed my eyebrows. Why would she apologize? I thought, but a nagging feeling told me I knew it already. But still, can’t hurt to be sure, right?

“Why are you sorry?” I asked. She looked down, a blush rising to her cheeks.

“Well, I- uh, well, I sort’a knew it already.” She said. I raised an eyebrow, daring her. She gulped. “You know, about you being innocent. I knew that you didn’t do anything wrong.” Her voice broke at the end. If I said I wasn’t even a tiny bit angry, I’m lying. Of course, I was a bit mad. She practically said that she avoided me without a reason. Though, I knew there was. Everything has a reason.

“So…” I said. I guess I was glaring a bit or maybe my voice was hard or a bit lower than usual, ‘cause she winced and looked down.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I really am sorry. I don’t know why I did that. I guess, I just needed time. I really don’t know what I needed time for, but I- I.. really am sorry.” She apologized. My glare instantly softened. She was looking everywhere, but me. She was also breathing hard, a bit. I knew she was really sorry. And that was enough said.

I tried a reassuring smile. I put my hand at the side of her face and made her look at me.

Her gray eyes were so… so… so….naked. Exposed. She always had this sort of barrier in her eyes, making no one, except the ones close to her, see her emotions or feelings or whatever you might call it. But at that moment, it was so exposed, that anyone who’d look in her eyes would know her, what she was feeling, what her emotions were, etc.

“Hey, it’s okay.” I whispered. She furrowed her eyebrows at me.

“You can’t possibly think that!” she said. “I just basically told you that I ignored you because I felt like it. Do something. Don’t talk to me. Ignore me. Just..just do something that I deserve for doing that to you.” I shook my head.

“No, Annabeth. I know there’s a reason. Even if that reason was because you just needed time. A reason’s a reason.” I told her, rubbing her cheek with my thumb. I leaned in that our foreheads were touching. “Annabeth don’t you think that what’s important right now, is for us to be okay, again?” I asked, looking in her eyes. She nodded.

“I just feel like I need to be..punished? I don’t know. I just-” before she could finish, I cut her off with my lips.    

She seemed shocked at first, but kissed me back with the same passion and love I’ve been holding since the party. Which is a lot, by the way.

I could hear someone squeal and a grumble, but I didn’t mind it. I didn’t care if the entire school body was watching us. All that was on my mind was that Annabeth and I were okay. And that’s all that matters. Until someone decided to break Annabeth and I apart..

“Hey, guys..” I heard Danielle said. “I think that’s enough, now.. The whole school is watching…” she whispered/sneered the last part. We quickly broke apart. True to her words, almost everyone was watching. I blushed under they’re stare. Well more like, red faces from anger, jealousy or from laughing. Mostly, the laughing part was from our friends and some perverted guys at Goode. Good thing, that Paul saved us. Or was it a bad thing, ‘cause that means that he was there, watching…