Nico and Blank Message

CHAPTER 10

PERCY'S P.O.V.

                                When Annabeth was gone, I immediately went to the kitchen and found spaghetti on the table. YUM…

“Oh, hello, Percy. Did Annabeth go, already?” Helen said, putting down a plate and sitting down.

“Yup” I replied, pooping the ‘p’ , sitting down across from her, and taking the plate.

“Oh, well then dig in. Just call for me when you’re done.” She said, standing up and walking towards the stairs.

“Sure” I tried to say, but the amount of spaghetti in my mouth made it sound like “Shcour”.

                                Helen chuckled and walked up stairs muttering something about boys and food.

                                When I was done, I called for her and told her I need to come home.

 After all I did told mom that I’m not gonna be here longer than 4:00. And now it’s already 4:30. Knowing mom, she is probably freaking out. And knowing Paul, he is probably trying to calm her down.

                                I sighed and walked out of the house, towards my car. Not before saying goodbye to Helen, though.

----LINE BREAK----

                                I got home and saw what I was expecting: mom freaking out and Paul calming her down.

“Hey, mom!”  I said loudly so I would get her attention. I did, and I immediately wish I didn’t.

“Perseus Jackson!” she thundered, coming towards me, in a threatening way.  I would love to say, I didn’t cower and I stood up tall and strong…but sadly, I didn’t. I wimpered, slightly and took a step back. “Where have you been?! Do you know what time it is!!”

“Ummm…I… of course it’s…..4:00??” I said, even though, I know it’s waaay past four.

“It’s 5:00!!!!” she shouted. Again, I wimpered.

“I kno-“ I started but was cut off by a very familiar voice.

“It’s okay Mrs. Jackson. I’ll keep an eye on him for now.” He said. His voice was much deeper than last time I heard him.  I smiled at the memory. Mom sighed.

“Fine. You’re off the hook, for now.” She told me, threateningly. Then she smiled. “Go on. Have fun.” She said nodding at my cousin. I smiled.

“Thanks mom!” I said, smiling. Then I came towards her and hugged her. “ I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.”

“okay.. NOW GO!” she said pulling away, and walking back to the kitchen.

                                I smiled then turned around to face a smiling face that I am very grateful to see, at a time like this.

“DI-ANGELO!!” I shouted as I came towards him, and did a man-hug. Whatever that’s called. “What in the world are you doing here?” I asked pulling away.

“Why? You don’t want me here? You know, if it wasn’t for me, I’m pretty sure you’d be dead by now.”  Nico said putting a hand over his heart, pretending to be hurt. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. He chuckled and said. “Well, I was just in town and I thought, why not come here, right? So, I heard Annabeth’s here?”