Chapter18: Life Goes on

It was a terrible time for Angie she locked herself in her room and didn't let anyone in, i heard her crying in the night and she barely ate anything if I didn't tell her to. I've got to say it was hard for me to, to say goodbye to him like that, we don't even have enough money to give him a proper funeral its just gonna have to be very simple but right now we don't want to think about it, its still very new to us all. 

The police didn't catch the motherfuckers who did this to him, hes hiding but he will come out sooner or later, Johnny's brother called in and said he was coming for the funeral, for the first time in 2 years we will see him again. I'm sure he feels guilty cos he was in an argument with Johnny and they didn't even have the chance to make up with him. And I feel sorry for Angie as well, shes going to have to live with a child that is going to look like Johnny in every inch for the rest of her life. 

I made Angie a sandwich in which I doubted she would eat and I walked into her room. She was curled up on a chair in front of the window looking out, wearing a baggy blue sweater just like in my dream. "When is he coming back?" she asked, I had to think for a while since I didn't know weather she was being serious. I walked up to her hugging her I kissed her on the forehead "Angie....hes never coming back." I whispered. She threw me of and got up "That's Bullshit!" she screamed at me then she curled up on the floor and started crying. I tried comforting her but she threw me out the room, I felt she needed the time to realise the reality of things and I shut her door. There was a knock at the door, It was Sam and Ricky I opened the door to let them in. "Hey kid." Sam said as he walked in. "How are ya....actually don't answer." he said looking down at me with sad eyes. "Where's Angie?' Ricky asked. "Trust me you don't want to see her she has gone mental but I'm not surprised, I think anybody would be like that if their boyfriend and the father of their unborn child died in their arms." I added. Sam and Ricky nodded their heads. "So what's up guys, do you have a reason for the visit?" I asked. "Well me and Ricky were just thinking that Johnny should be berried with his father, you know like a family tradition." he assumed. "I think so to, I'm sure Angie will agree, I just can't get my head around everything yet." I told them. "Not one of us can....we are all so socked, let me get that son of a bitch and I'll show him." Ricky said forming a fist. "So who's gonna be the boss now?' I asked. "Everyone has decided it should be me." Sam said lighting a cigarette. "Well, what have you got to say to that?" I asked. "I don't know, I mean I will never replace Johnny in any way." he said blowing the smoke in my face. 

"We have to go, the boys are waiting we're going to look for the Slayers and when we find them their going to get "punished". Sam announced grinding his teeth. "OK, I was thinking maybe the whole burial thing should be held on Sunday everyone's free right." I told them. "Right, Good thinkin Kid." Ricky agreed. "Sunday them at 3pm?" Sam looked at us. "Sounds alright." I nodded. "See ya then"  they said and then vanished. After they were gone I realised it was really happening we were talking about Johnny's funeral I thought something like that would never happen. We were talking as if we were deciding when to go to the cinema or something, but no we have just decided about Johnny's funeral that should have never took place in the first place.

I had to tell Angie after all we decided about the date without her. She came out of her room an hour later to get a drink but I didn't want to startle her cos she would run back to her room again. So I walked into the kitchen and announced to her slowly. "Hey Angie listen, We have decided that Johnny will be berried with his father this Sunday at 3pm." She stood there frozen, she then quickly hugged me and started crying. "Its OK, we all feel like that right now." I whispered. "But I need him now, and he just died like that in my arms." She spoke threw her tears, it was hard to understand. We just stood there in the kitchen tangled together crying.

A week later it was time to say Goodbye to Johnny for the last time, Angie wore a black maternity dress with a red flower in her hair and I wore a shirt with a black leather jacket to look like the guys. "Ready?" I asked Angie. "No." She replied. "You look beautiful, he would think so too." I was trying to cheer her up. We heard car horns, the guys were here, they were taking us to the cemetery, it was too far from our house. "Ok lets go.....and say goodbye in a proper way, they way he would want us to say it..........."