Chapter12: The Bump

Spring came real quick and before I knew it it was April. It was warmer and the days were longer and brighter, life started to bloom even on our side of town. Trees had already filled with swishy green leaves and flowers filled the park, it was so pretty to look at. Everyone had already forgotten that I ever dated Rachel back in January yet she asked to come back twice since then but we just didn't go its like trying to get fire and water together things like that just don't happen.

       "Urrrrrgh!" Angie frowned in front of the mirror trowing another t-shirt on the floor she was 5 months pregnant now yet she already didn't fit in half of her new maternity clothes that she bought two weeks ago. "Right I'm going shopping now need anything?" she asked looking at me and Johnny. "Umm...could you get me beer please." said Johnny. "Ok but you knew I would get it for you anyway" she giggled then she grabbed her bag and was out. I sat next to Johnny who was fixing his switch blade that wouldn't fold back into place, it just opened when he was walking and nearly stabbed him on the leg. "So are you exited?" I asked with hope in my eyes. "For what?" he asked me with a puzzled face. "The baby of course what did you thing Santa Clause?" I said laughing. He playfully punched me on the arm and messed up my hair, "Hey so what are you going to call the baby I mean its soon I guess." I told him. "Joe after my father" he said quietly. Johnny had always respected his father especially after his death, Johnny never told me how his father died but I'm guessing it must have been real tragic cos he never mentions a word of it. He also has a brother who never visits probably cos he gets into so much trouble hes barely out of jail and when he is he gets back in there in no time. "What if its a girl?" I added. "Nah if its a girl Angie can name her I'm pretty lame when it comes to girl names in the end I might end up calling her Marry Lou" he laughed loud in my ear. Johnny's laugh was really loud and kinda annoying. 

         "Hey guys" Angie cried from the door. "Look what I got." She was holding up a tiny white sleep suitthat she got for the baby. "That's nice" I said. "I know right, since we don't know weather its a girl or boys so I got it in a universal colour." she added examining it. "Its all so overwhelming" Johnny said with a sad face rubbing his neck. "Oh Hun its gonna be alright, I'll take care of everything." Angie assured Johnny which made it sound as if she was going to be alone in this with no help from Johnny. "No no I will help you and everything but its just the thought that in about 4 months I'm going to be a Papa." he explained to her. "Hey your gonna be a great daddy to Johnny Junior." she kissed him. And it was at that point that I realised he was right in just 4 months it was all going to start a new life.....a baby