Chapter17: Keep Holding On

Angie was really sad, but she felt happy at the same time after all Johnny said he will marry her which was real sweet for him to say that and it made Angie feel special. 

                 Yet neither of us knew when he was out, he did get in trouble in the past so they might take note of that and keep him in for even longer. The baby was coming soon so he better hurry up and get his ass out of jail so he could be here with us again, making a perfect...well at least trying to make a perfect family. With out him its not a family its just Me and Angie, its like there's an empty space waiting here for Johnny. We knew we had to get him out but we didn't have the money, Angie decided to call all their friends and ask for money, there was a chance it would work. 

"Hello?......ummm hi it Angie could you help me..." I heard Angie speak on the phone to her friend Amy while I was doing my homework, but it was not working I just could not concentrate while I knew Angie was on the edge doing everything to help the only guy she would ever truly love, the father of her baby, the only reason while she's still trying to keep the smile on her face. Angie burst into my room "OK we got 300 dollars from Amy's savings!" The news made me feel a little better after all that was half of what we needed. "I think we can another 100 and the rest we will get out from the boys." I told her with a smile. "Yes this might work" she said happily rushing to the phone, she answered it. "Yes.......oh yeahthat's great thank you." she put the phone down and then looked at me. "It was Sam they got the money, they will bail him out and he will be home maybe even tonight!" she cried with joy. I used my hands to tell her to calm down and she sat on my bed. "We have to get ready, I wanna pick him up from jail." She said. "Angie the police will let us know when he will be able to go home and isn't it too late to walk in the dark, it gets dangerous at this time and you  know it." I told her what she already knew. "I know I know but please I missed him so much its been like 4 years for me." she said with tears in her eyes. "OK but we will take Johny's gun for protection." I said. 

An hour later the phone rang, it was the police, Angie picked it up as she listened to the officer her eyes grew with joy and excitement. Finaly she would see him and nothing would break them apart anymore. "Come on its time." she said trying to calm herself out. "Don't forget the gun." I added quickly and we rushed out still zipping up our jumpers. We walked in the dark through the dark, you could smell danger in the air but Angie didn't want to stop she was quite fast for some one who was like 6 months pregnant.

When we got there the police officer informed us that Johnny has already left, we froze as we knew that he didn't have his gun and Slayer was still out there looking for him we had to hurry up and find him before anything bad was too happen. We followed the side pathways where we thought he might be.  Meanwhile Johnny was in ahead of us in some alleyway, he heard something and froze for a second. "Well well well, if it isn't our little lover boy" Johnny knew the voice exactly, the voice that could awake the dead man. "Frank havn't seen you a while, too busy fucking anything that moves huh?" Johnny said in a cool voice. "Ha ha ha your so funny" Slayer said sarcastically. "Maybe I do, but anything is better than that piece of trash of your Angie." He added stretching his neck. "Johnny's face grew with anger and hatred, no one makes fun of Angie EVER! "You better watch your mouth pal!" Johnny snapped. Ignoring Johnny Slayer added "But she sure has a nice ass, too bad shes pregnat." Johnny was on the edge. "Shut you ugly face or i'll.." He paused. "Or you what...come on....or you'll what? You know I feel so sorry for your kid, hes gonna have to get used to the fact his Dad is no one, a piece of trash. Johnny had enough he threw himself at Slayer with his fists. Slayer too his knife out and stabbed him on the chest, Johnny fell to the ground. "Johnny!" Angie screamed as she saw him. Hearing her Slayer and his gang escaped. Angie ran to Johnny and knelled by him. "Its OK, I'm here....." she started crying and her tears ran down her face like rain. 'Angie...stay, stay here" Johnny whispered. "I'm here, i'm not going anywhere I promise." she answered back, putting her chin on his head and quietly crying. "I love you." he whispered, Johnny closed his eyes, his body froze, he stopped breathing. "Johnny, Johnny wake up...JOHNNY!" She squeezed him tightly in her arms laying on the clod floor. We heard the police sirens around us, we sat down there on the cold ground waiting, waiting for him to wake up so we could go home and everything would be OK again.

But we knew the truth that it would never me OK again, Johnny was dead and that was it, we just didn't want to say goodbye yet....just not yet.