Chapter 16: Through the cold glass

We quickly rushed to the station, when we got there we soon found out Johnny has been jailed for attempting to rob a gas station but failed after the cops cached up with him and put  him in handcuffs. Angie was told that she could have a talk with him over the glass window the one she hatted so much, the officer took her to the room and she sat down. Soon Johnny walked in dragging one leg after the other and sat down he felt stupid and he didn't have the guts to look in her eyes. They both picked up the phone handle. "Hi" she looked at him in tears. "Hi" He replied looking down at the floor. "You don't have to explain yourself to me or Jake." She said trying to stop herself from shouting at him. "I did it for us!" he slammed his hand on the window which made Angie jump. " For us? This woun't do us any good cos you might be here while I'm at home with our child." she was crying now, it made Johnny feel really guilty. 

                 " Listen I did it cos I wanted a better future for us all, do you really think we can have a happy family on the money we both earn?" he was trying to make a point to her. "Yes! I think we can do you know why?.......cos we have each other and money doesn't make anyone anymore happier, it just brings conflict and rivalry into this world." she said convincing him that there is something much more important in life than money. "I love you" he whispered. "Do you know what? After I get out of here....we're getting married."

                 Angie covered her mouth with her hand and started crying again of joy I guess, it was a beautiful scene that felt like a happy ending but then Angie had to go and she was pressed against the glass trying to touch Johnny, the cops came and tried pulling her away minding the fact that she was pregnant. "No I wanna stay!" she screamed. It was a hurtful sight seeing Angie who was trying so hard to break away from the cops that held her back. Then some officer came and took Johnny back to his cell,  it was the first time in my life that it was hard for me to see him leave. I knew that the next couple of weeks was gonna be insane for Angie since she was going to be at home waiting and waiting for him to come back home hoping and wishing and dreaming on......................