Chapter 46: True love hurts

Chapter 46:

-Jeric's POV-

I followed what my sister had told me in the hospital. I went to Tanya's house so I could talk to her and fix our problem.

When I was already in front of her house I still can't decide if I'm really going to talk to her or not because I have this weird feeling. Hay Jeric, make up your mind na! Bahala na nga, Tanya and I really need to talk. I decided to push the doorbell beside their gate.

"Manang, anjan po ba si Jana?" I asked their maid as soon as she opened the gate.

"Ay opo sir!" she replied immediately, "Halos kadarating lang din niya."

"Can I talk to her?" I asked.

"Sige po, pasok muna kayo sir. Tatawagin ko lang si Tanya." she replied then she opened the gate widely and let me in.

I sat on the couch as soon as I came in and Manang went upstairs to call her. While waiting for Tanya, I saw a couple of photo albums placed under the center table, I looked at one of the albums and I smiled all of sudden when I saw the first picture in the album. It was Tanya and I back when we were in highschool. Hanggang ngayon pala tinatago pa rin niya yung pictures namin together.

"What are you doing here?" she asked me as she walks down the stairs.

I closed the album that I was holding then I shifted my gaze at her, "Let's talk, Tanya."

"I thought ayaw mo na ko makausap." she said in her most serious tone, "What makes you change your mind?"

"It's Fran." I replied quickly, "She's right. I'm doing the same mistake that I did a year ago. Ayoko na, ayoko ng maulit 'yun that's why I want to talk to you

"Let's talk in the garden, Jeric." she said then she started walking.

--

"I want to take this opportunity to say sorry to you, Jeric." she started, "You won't listen to me in the hospital kasi last time so ako na mauuna ngayon. Baka kasi magbago nanaman isip mo at hindi mo ko pakinggan mamaya." then she chuckled, "I just want to say sorry for the all shit thay I've done and sorry for the pain that I've caused you."

"If you wouldn't mind, why did you do that, Tanya?" I asked.

"I only did that because I wanted to get even to you, Jeric." she explained, "You don't know what I've been through when you left me, Jeric. I was really hurt to the point that I almost got killed."

I was shocked when I heard that. Killed? Bakit hindi ko ata alam 'yun?!

"Huh? Why? What happened?" I asked her worriedly.

She laughed, "It's partly because of my katangahan. I was crying that night in New York while crossing the street and I didn't notice na may parating pala na car. Ayun, hello hospital." then she burst out into laughter again.

Baliw na ba 'tong si Tanya? She almost died because of that accident tapos tatawanan lang niya. Nako.

"And that's where I met Karla." she added when she stopped laughing, "We became close and I told her to keep my secret. I may have lied on you about my identity, Jeric but I've never lied about about my feelings for you. Everything that I've said when we were together were all true. Even though I got hurt, I didn't stop loving you, Jeric. I never did."

I stared at her, "You were not the only one who got hurt, Tanya. Even me. You have no idea how miserable my life was when you left. Halos mabaliw ako when your cousin went to school and told me the truth. I badly wanted to talk to you that day pero he told me na nakaalis ka na daw. Ang tanga tanga ko, Tanya. I let my emotions and pride got in the way. I should've listened to your side when you asked me to. I shouldn't have judged you and I shouldn't have let you go. If there's someone who should say sorry here, it's me Tanya not you." I said then I bowed my head, nakakahiya ako ang dahilan kung bakit siya naging ganito, "I'm sorry for all the stupid things that I did and sorry for the offensive words that I've said back then. I'm really really sorry."