Chapter 39: My identity and my plan

-Jana's POV- 

To: Baby

Thanks for the ride, Jeric! Btw, I like you :"> 

A year had passed but Jeric's name on my phone is still the same. I don't even know why I did not change it. Maybe because I was hoping that we could still end up together that time. But those hopes faded when I have moved on. My mind wanted a vengeance but my heart said, no it's wrong, Tanya. 

I left the country a year ago so I could move on and forget what happened in my relationship with Jeric. Even though I was miles away with him, I still know what's happening in his life. My friends in Manila always keep me posted, they even sent me photos of Jeric during and after his games. I guess it was one of the reasons why I had a hard time moving on. My parents didn't know these things, I know they'd surely get mad at me if they find out. At first, I was happy for Jeric not only because he's happy with his life even without me but also because he's slowly reaching his dreams. But when I found out that he met a girl named Cheska, I suddenly felt like going back in the Philippines and get back what belongs to me. I know it's weird for me to say that he belongs to me because we are not together anymore. I don't know, I just have this feeling that he still loves me. As they say, first love never dies. 

-Flashback- 

"Girl, when are you coming back?" Jane asked me over the phone, excitement is evident on the tone of her voice when she picked up her phone, "You have to get back na as soon as possible. I heard Fort is into a certain girl na." 

"I'll be home soon, Jane. Please do everything that I asked you to do. My papers and all." I replied. 

"Are you sure about this plan, Tanya?" she asked me again, I know she has doubt in my plan 'cause she thinks it won't work. 

"Yeah, I am 100% sure of this plan' dear. And will you please stop calling me Tanya, Jane. It's Jana not Tanya, okay?" 

I heard her heaved out a deep sigh before answering, "Okay, it's just that I'm not used to it." 

"Well, masanay ka na, baka 'yan pa ang ikapalpak natin." 

"No, don't worry. Sige, I have to go na, Jana. My professor is here na eh. See you real soon. Love you, girl!" 

"Okay, thanks for everything, Jane! See you when I get back. Love you!" 

After the long distance call that I had with my friend, Jane, I went to my parents' room and told them that I want to continue my schooling in Manila. They were hesitant when I told them that, they wanted me to finish my schooling here in New York. Like hello, mom and dad! Naka moved on na ko, we can go back to our country na. And besides, pabor sa inyo 'yun. Hindi na kayo mahihirapan magmanage ng business niyo. After a little more talk, I finally convinced them. 

A month after. 

"Welcome back to Philippines, Jana!!!" Jane shouted as soon as I went out of the arrival gate, "I missed you!" then she hugged me, I hugged her back. I missed my long lost twin sister. 

"I missed you also tito and tita!" she said before giving them a quick peck on the cheek.  

"I missed you, too hija!" mom replied, looking at Jane's whole body as if she's examining her, "Ang laki ng pinagbago mo hija! We were away for a year lang!" 

"Nako tita, kailangan eh. May pinagagandahan ako eh." she replied casually then she laughed. Well, dapat lang talaga at baka ipagpalit ka ni AVO sa iba! 

"You don't have to change for a guy, Jane." dad butted in, "He has to accept who you are." 

"Hindi naman po ako nagbabago, tito. Mejo nage-evolve lang at nag-aayos." Jane replied, trying to reason out. Nako girl, hindi ka mananalo kay daddy.