Chapter 41: Will she survive?

-Kiefer's POV- 

Von and I were killing time in Moro gym when my phone rang. I checked the name that was flashed on the screen and immediately answered it when I saw Fran's name. 

[Hello Kief?] she said as soon as I answered the phone, I heard her voice cracked up when she started talking.  

"Hello Fran? Why? Are you crying?" I asked her worriedly. What happened? Why is she crying? Is this because of Jeron? 

[Can I see you, Kief?] 

"Yeah yeah, sure! Where are you, Fran? I'll be there in an hour." I still have training this afternoon but I need to be there for Fran. I know she's not okay right now, I need to comfort her. 

[I'm still here in school. I just really need someone to talk to, Kief.] 

"Okay. Just stay there, Fran. I'm on my way." then she hung up the phone. 

I stood up from my seat and hurriedly walked to the exit of the gym, "Where are you going, Kief?" Von shouted, "We still have training, man!" 

I looked back at him and replied, "I know, bro. But I need to see Fran. Tell Coach I have something important to do. Bahala ka na to make an excuse for me. Thanks man!" then I left. 

I was already in a hurry and this Katipunan traffic won't cooperate with me. It was insane. Ugh! I got stuck in traffic for half an hour. Fvck this Ateneo one way traffic scheme. 

After an hour, I am finally in Legarda. Hay, I should've chosen the other way- Commonwealth then Quezon Ave. less traffic pa sana! I badly want to call her to check her but she'll get mad at me if she finds out that I'm using my phone while driving. 

When I was about to approach Legarda station, vehicles suddenly stopped moving then bystanders and people who were walking shouted and screamed. 

"Nasagasaan 'yung estudyante!!!!" I heard the old lady shouted, "Tulungan niyo!!" 

My heart skipped a beat when I heard that. I don't know what happened to me but I found myself slowly walking towards where the accident happened. No, I hope it's not Fran... It can't be her... 

I am just two feet away from the accident victim... As I walk closer, I noticed that it was a girl with long hair and she's wearing a black pants and a white blouse with maroon and green lining in front. In short, she's wearing a UST-CFAD uniform. I ran as fast as I could to check if she's Fran. And I was shocked when I saw the girl- she's Fran. Bloods were all over her face and head then my tears flow endlessly. 

"FRAAAAANNNN!!!" I shouted as I made my way to her, "MAGSITABI KAYOOOO!!!" 

"FRAAANN!!" I said frantically while gently tapping her right cheek, "FRAANN, WAKE UP!!" 

She slowly opened her eyes and I can see the pain that she's feelin', "K-Ki-Kief..." 

I placed my index finger on her lips to stop her from talking, "Shhh... Don't talk..." And without any hesitations, I carried her and ran to my car, "FRAAANNN PLEASE DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES!!! DON'T SLEEP!!!" 

I don't care if she was heavy or not. I didn't mind the blood that was on my shirt. The only thing that was running in my head was I need to bring her in the nearest hospital. 

-- 

"Forts please pick up your damn phone!!!" I said while trying to contact him. 

I've been calling him for like 50 times already but he's still not answering his phone. Where the hell in earth are you, Forts?! Your sister needs you! She's in critical condition!