Chapter 45: The Visits

I've been staying here in the hospital for a month already. Gahd! I have no idea that I was sleeping that long! I thought I was just sleeping for a week, ayun pala buwan na!

My doctor told us that I have a selective amnesia which I doubt, it feels like I haven't forgotten anything. Well, except for that Jeron guy who claims to be my guy best friend. Duh, Kiefer is my guy best friend! It's really impossible that I have an amnesia. Why is he the only one that I have forgotten? Hmmm...

"Kuya, where is my phone?" I asked my brother. I'm really bored eh.

"Nasira nung na-aksidente ka." he replied without looking at me, "I'll tell mom to buy you one."

"Hmm... Okay, but in the meantime, let me borrow your phone." then I smiled at him. Sana effective.

"I'm using it pa." he replied immediately, "I'm texting someone."

"You're texting Jana 'no?" I teased him.

He looked at me sharply. What? Did I say something wrong or bad? Why is he looking at me that way?

"Don't mention her name ever again!" he said in a very serious tone.

"Why?" I asked him worriedly, "Is there something wrong, kuya?"

He heaved out a deep sigh, "She lied on me, Fran." sadness is evident on his face. Shit, what happened?

"Ha? She can't do that to you, kuya." I replied, trying to defend Jana.

"She just did, Fran." he replied immediately, "I heard it!"

I sat properly on my bed before talking again, "Will you please enlighten me, kuya? Naguguluhan ako."

"Jana and Tanya are the same!" he said straightforwardly.

I was not shocked when I heard it. I always knew that it was her, hindi ko lang ma-prove eh.

"How did you know?" I inquired.

"I heard them talking. I mean, si mommy, Tanya, Karla, Nico and Kiefer."

That's the time that I got shocked. I didn't expect that Ate Karla, Nico and Kiefer know this thing. Di man lang nila nabanggit sakin.

"So what if she's Ate Tanya, Kuya?" I replied, "You still love her, don't you?"

"Yes, I do but she should've told me the truth." he replied quickly, "Actually it doesn't really matter to me if she's Tanya or Jana. It's just that she lied. And you know that it's the thing that I hate the most.

"Did you talk to her already?" I asked.

He shook his head, "I don't want to talk to her."

"She has her reasons why she did that." I replied while giving him a pat on the back, "Go talk to her, Kuya. I'm sure you wouldn't want to repeat the mistake that you did a year ago."

He looked at me straight in the eye, I know that he knows what exactly I am talking about.

"Am I doing the same mistake again?" he asked me.

I nodded at him, "Unfortunately, yes! Go talk to her now, kuya while you still have time. Tomorrow could be too late."

"Do I really need to get hurt over and over again, Fran?" he asked. I know any minute his tears will fall, "Hindi ba ako pwede maging masaya?"

"True love hurts, kuya. Always remember that." I replied, looking at him straight in the eye, "Ate Tanya loved you more than her own life. Yes, she lied on you and I know that hurts a lot pero you need to listen to her. You need to hear her side." then I lifted his chin, "Truth hurts, kuya. But you have to face it."