Chapter 42: Making things right

-Jana's POV-

It's been a month since Fran's accident happened and in just a short period of time, a lot of things changed. First, Jeric and I are couple now. Second, Teng and Tin are already in good terms. They know Fran will surely be happy if she finds out that her best friend is in good term with her second brother. And lastly, people around us are treating Jeron coldly. It seems like they are blaming him to what happened. They're making Jeron feel like he's a total jerk and he's just a piece of trash. I don't know what's the real score between Fran and Jeron for them to treat him this way. Though I have no idea what happened the day before she met that accident, I still think it's not right to blame him. It was an accident, no one should be blamed.

--

Since I got nothing to do in house today, I decided to visit Fran in the hospital. When I came in to her room, no one is around. Finally, I got the chance to talk to her ALONE. Her room is full of balloons, flowers, stuffed toys, fruits and food. People really love Fran, kahit mejo masungit siya minsan.

I pulled out the chair beside her bed and ran my fingers through her hair.

"Hi Fran! How are you? I know you can hear me... I miss you. No, scratch that, we miss you..." I said then tears started falling down from my eyes, "I'm here... Ate Tanya's here... Please wake up na, Fran. Sobrang worried na sila tita, tito and your Kuya Jeric."

I wiped off my tears and held her hand, "I know ang gaga ko because I am pretending to be someone else just to get even to your brother. I was hurt, gusto kong maramdaman din ni Jeric yung naramdaman ko. You know how much I loved your brother, Fran. I'm more than willing to do everything for him, but he still chose to hurt me. Hindi mo rin naman ako masisisi. I'm sure you'll be mad at me if you find out, I mean when you wake up and I understand that. I promise to make every single thing right, just wake up Fran. Ate Tanya's waiting for you, I want to spend more time with you. Just like the old times. I owe you a lot of kwentos at ikaw rin. Kaya gumising ka na, sige na Fran." then I cried even harder. I can't bear seeing her in the hospital bed, almost lifeless. I stood up and ran to the comfort room.

--

I was washing my face when I heard the room's door opened. I grabbed the towel hanging beside the mirror and wiped my face then I slowly opened the door and I saw Teng and Tata seating beside Fran.

"Hoy Fran! Ano na? Isang buwan ka ng tulog jan sa kama oh! Mapagod ka naman!" Teng said, holding her hand, "We still have a mission to accomplish."

"Oo nga, Fran!" Tata added, "Aalamin pa nga natin kung iisa si Tanya at Jana 'di ba? Kaya bumangon ka na jan, walang iwanan. Ang daya mo eh!"

I was taken aback with what I heard. All these time they are in doubt of my identity. Ganun ba ka-obvious na iisa kami? I changed a lot and I made sure na walang makakaalam ng background ko.

"Gumising ka na kasi jan Fran!" Tata said as he tapped Fran's arm, "The team needs you! Wala na kaming cheerer oh, 'di na daw kaya ng YJ!" then he chuckled.

"We know you're not into basketball but you still watch our games. You always cheer for us." Teng butted in, "You are the best cheerer in the world, Fran!" Teng didn't notice that his tears are freely flowing from his eyes, "Bangon ka na jan! Pasok tayo sa finals oh! Hahayaan mo ba na matalo tayo ng mga Agila? Hindi 'di ba? Kaya gumising ka na! Hinihintay ka na rin ng Kiefer mo! Yieee!" then he ticked her, but still no response.

I suddenly smiled when I heard Teng's words. Fran has grown up into a fine young lady. My not so little sister is now a big girl, lumalovelife na! Before, we have to keep it a secret if she likes someone but look at her now, she can tell everyone kung sino yung gusto niya. I missed a lot of things when I left the country, when I left her. Everything has changed, and I just realized it. I was her best friend when she was in highschool but look at me now, wala akong kaalam alam sa buhay niya. Parang ngayon ko lang siya nakilala.