Chapter 44: Pain

Chapter 44: Pain

-Jeron's POV-

It's been a month and yet, Fran is still not awake. I really am guilty. I feel like it was really my fault why it happened to her and the fact that people around me are blaming me just adds up the guilt that I have right now. I know I screwed up but God knows I did not want that to happen. No one wanted for that to happen. I'm just a human, I make mistakes and I hope they'd understand that. Sometimes, I don't know where to put myself anymore. If I go visit Fran in the hospital they all treat me coldly and when I don't my sisters keep on telling me that it was my fault why she is lying on the hospital's bed right now and the least thing that I can do for her is to watch her over or simply just be beside her. Ewan ko ba, ang labo nila!

"Jeron!" I looked back to check who called my name and I was right, it's Thomas.

"Why?" I asked him coldly.

"How are you?" he asked me without looking at me, "It's been a while since the last time that we talked."

Yeah, I didn't talk to him for a month. I know he'll blame me just like what others did. I've had enough, ayoko ng makarinig pa ng pangsisisi. I know I was a jerk that day, I shouldn't have done that- I've hurt her, I made her cry.

"I'm fine." I replied quickly.

"C'mon Jeron! I know you are not fine. Tell me what's bugging you, I'm your friend." he said while looking straight in my eye, I felt the sincerity in his voice.

"Thom, is it wrong to love?" I started, "Is it wrong if I wanted to be loved back? 'cause people around me are making me feel like I made a huge mistake in my life. I only wanted to feel that I am loved. Ayun lang."

"It's never wrong to love, Jeron. But sometimes, we need to consider what others will feel, hindi yung puro sarili lang natin, 'cause doing the things that make us happy brings pain to the people around us. Just like what happened to you and Fran, you did what you think that will make you happy and she got hurt because she loves you." he replied then he gave me a pat on the back, "But if you really love her then fight for her. I'm sure Fran will understand every single thing when she wakes up. Don't make Audrey feel like she's just a mistake. You wouldn't want to lose the girls that make you happy, would you?"

I've been ignoring Audrey's calls and texts these past few days. I don't know, I'm confused and all. But Thomas is right, I'll surely lose Audrey if I continue doing this to her. I have to set things straight.

"Thanks for the advice, Torres! It helped me a lot!" then I gave him a brotherly hug.

"You're always welcome, bro." he replied then smiled at me, "Actually, you really don't need my advice at all, all you have to do is makiramdam sa paligid mo. 'wag kang maging manhid."

"Parang espiritista naman ako nun, bro!" I replied then we burst out into laughter.

--

After the small talk that I had with Thomas, I headed to Audrey's building and waited for her to be dismissed.

"Auds!" I called her, she didn't notice that I was waiting for her.

"Jeron?" she said in disbelief when she saw me.

I walked closer to her and smiled, "Yeah, I missed you baby!"

She bit her lower lip and said, "I missed you, too babe!" then she hugged me really tight, "I thought you already left me."

I gently pushed her away from me and lifted her chin, "Of course not! I could not do that to the girl I love."

Her brows furrowed and pouted her lips, "Weh? Why were you avoiding me these past few days?"