Chapter 38: Is she the one?

A week after.

As I was about to sleep last night, I suddenly thought of an idea that will help Kuya Teng and Tata to prove that Ate Tanya and Jana are the same. I'm sure this plan of mine is a big help.

Before going to school, I dropped by in Sophie's Mom to buy some cupcakes. I chose Red Velvet because it's Ate Tanya's favorite. If Jana will like this, I'll get another point. Or another coincidental thing, perhaps. When I arrived in school, I went straight to Jana's building to visit and gave her the cupcakes that I bought at the same time.

"Hi Jana!" I greeted while waving my hand at her, "I have something for you! Red velvet cupcakes."

Her eyes widened when she saw the box that I was holding, "Ohmygod Fran! That's my favorite!" she said as she gave me a very tight hug.

I can't hide the happiness on my face when I saw her reaction. My plan is working, I guess. I should probably continue doing this. It's for my brother's sake anyway.

"Thank you for these red velvets, Fran!" she said when I handed her the box of cupcakes.

"No biggie, Jana! I'm glad you liked it!" I replied then I smiled at her, "Sige, I'll go ahead, Jana. I still have a class. Bye!"

"Bye Fran! Thanks again!"

While walking out of their building, I took my phone out of my pocket and sent a message to Kuya Teng and Tata.

To: Kuya Teng; Tata Bautista

My plan is working guys! I gave her red velvets a while ago and she liked it! It's her favorite daw and it's Ate Tanya's favorite, too! :)

Before I can even get out of the building, I felt my phone vibrated, twice. Yes, nabilang ko. Haha.

From: Kuya Teng

Really? Continue doing that, Fran. We're getting there. Konti nalang.

From: Tata Bautista

Teng and I will meet you after your class. We'll show you something. This is important. Malapit na natin ma-prove na iisa sila.

After I read Tata's message, I feel like ditching my classes. I can't wait to see or hear this evidence. But I'm a responsible student, so I chose to attend my classes.

Three hours after, I texted them again.

To: Kuya Teng; Tata Bautista

My classes just ended. Where are you guys?

A minute after, my phone beeped.

From: Kuya Teng

Go to Ate Eva's, Fran. We're waiting for you here.

--

I headed to Ate Eva's and saw the two in front of their laptops at the table by the window.

"Busy na busy tayo ah!" I said as I joined them, "Ano balita?" I asked.

"Ang tagal mo naman!" Tata complained, "Nilangaw na kami ni Teng dito oh!"

"Sorry naman! I had to attend my classes eh!" I replied, "What evidence are you guys going to show me?"

"Here..." Tata said then he showed his laptop to me, "A photo in Jana's friend's blog, posted 6 months ago."

I immediately sat on the chair between Kuya Teng and Tata, and then I focused my whole attention on Tata's laptop. There, I saw a photo- my brother with Ate Tanya, Jana or whoever she is. My brother's arm is around her shoulder and her arm is around my brother's waist. As I stare at the photo, I can conclude that they are happily in love with each other. The sparks in their eyes are the ones who do the talking. I was smiling widely while looking at the two but my smile suddenly faded when I saw the photo's caption, "The sweetest revenge is have yet to come..."