Chapter 36: Learn from the sister

It's been a month since we came back from Baguio, a lot of things had happened to my life and to my brother's life.

While I am watching my favorite show on TV, I received a text message from Almira.

From: Almira Teng

Your kuya is here. It seems like he cried since this morning, sobrang mugto ng mata niya. Are they still together?

I did not reply to her message because I really don't know what's the real score between them. Sumasakit lang ulo ko kay Kuya kakaadvice, he won't listen to me naman.

Last week, we caught her with another guy at Eastwood. She was holding his hand, I think they were out on a date. We already caught her in the act and yet she still tries to deny it. I was mad at her that time. I keep on asking myself why does she need to do this to my brother. Isn't he enough?

And what really makes me mad is that, he accepted her apology! Though he already know that she is cheating on him tinanggap niya pa rin si Cheska! I don't know if love really does this to people or my brother is just really stupid.

I was about to go to my room but a crying girl showed up in the main door. Cheska.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with my eyebrow raised and my arms crossed, "My brother is not around"

"Can I wait for him?" she asked me while wiping away her tears, "I need to talk to him"

"Bakit nga?!" I irritatingly asked her

"Because we broke up..." she replied in between her sobs

I was taken aback when I heard her answer, I did not expect that their relationship will really end. Knowing that my brother is madly deeply in love with her, hindi yun agad papayag ng break up. Not unless she did something that really hurts him.

"Why?" I asked her, "What did you do this time?"

She just bowed her head and cried.

"Cheska, I'm asking you!"

She slowly lifted up her head and looked at me straight in the eye, "I'm so sorry, Fran"

Why is she saying sorry to me? Ang dami pa kasing pasakalye nitong babaeng 'to!

"Just tell me what did you do!" I shouted

"H-he c-caught me... K-kissing other guy... In my house..."

After I heard that, my hand automatically landed on her face. It was a hard slap.

"That's for cheating on my brother!" then I slapped her again on the other side, "And that's for hurting him!"

She cupped her face while she's continuosly crying, "Fran, I am really sorry... I did not mean to hurt him... Sobrang mahal ko si Jeric--"

"Mahal mo? Nasaan ang pagmamahal dun?!" I cut her off, "You broke my brother's heart! Ayun ba ang pagmamahal na sinasabi mo?"

"Fran, you know how much I love your brother... I'll do--"

I lifted my hand to cut her off again, "I don't know how much you love my brother! Oh wait, did you really love him? Mukhang hindi naman eh!"

"I really do love him, Fran. What he saw in my house earlier was just a huge mistake..."

"You know what, Cheska? My brother can be with any girl she wants to be with, but yet she picked you. And you just took him for granted..."

"I did not take him for granted, Fran. Sobrang pinahalagahan ko yung Kuya mo..."

Pinahalagahan? Alam ba niya kung ano ang ibig sabihin nun? Hindi ko naramdaman na pinahalagahan niya siya Kuya, hindi dahil naiinis ako kaya ko nasasabi 'to. It's just that, eto talaga ang nararamdaman ko.