60- The Untambles

"It was the fading winter

When our hearts broke apart

And you were the killer

I was waiting for you by the porch

Hoping you would come back so we could watch

The fading stars and forgive our sins

As the spring begins

But you never seemed to come by

Leaving the memories we made, until they shriveled and died"

"I don't know how to proceed!" I say annoyed as my pencil scribbles more lyrics onto the paper but then cuts them out in dissatisfaction.

"How far have you come?" Alec asks taking the paper from me and reading the lyrics I have been working on for the past hour.

We are all sitting and lounging by Jason's garage, as usual while the sun blazes down the glass windows.

"Well, this sounds quite impressive. Want to try a tune?" Alec asks holding his guitar in his lap as he tunes the instrument and play a note that brings it to life.

"No, something quite mellow for the beginning intro" I tell Alec and he strums the guitar again. I get up from the sofa and walk up to my piano. Sitting on the seat, I contemplate for a minute about the tune as Alec looks at me hopefully and then my heart plays its own tune. The piano riff fills the room and then follows the melody, deep and soulful of lyrics and meaning.

Alec doesn't hesitate to first note the constant tune and match it with the strings of his guitar. The music, a deep wallow of a broken heart compliments the lyrics as they fit together like a perfect jigsaw piece. Things seem to fall together as if fate himself is weaving a happy ending with the silver mist of a pen filling our hearts with a temporal joy of utmost perfection.

"You guys, started without us today?" Jason asks as soon as he steps in the room with Chloe at his toe.

I stop playing the music just as I see them enter the room, "well we were just trying something new. Nothing great!" I say waving it off.

"She has to be kidding you! The music Ellie just played was something right from heaven" Caleb compliments from the other side of the room. I am surprised that he was even paying attention. He had been sitting aloof in a corner with his phone, that the both of us thought he was lost into his own world. Caleb apologized to Alec this morning and they brushed it off like it is no big deal and did a weird bro hug thing to resolve it all.

"Well that's not true" I deny as the rising heat from the compliment reaches my cheek.

"Well she wrote her own song" Alec tells them and Chloe's hand flies to her mouth. "Well! That's brilliant" Chloe tells as Alec, like the idiot he is walks up to her and hands the paper to Jason and her.

"It's not great. I didn't finish it" I complain glaring at Alec for ratting me out. There are a lot of songs at the back of my diary that are actually better than this.

"That's really good" Jason compliments me and my cheeks only flush a deeper shade of red at the showering comments.

"Well, we could include this is one of our collections after improvising and completing the lyrics" Chloe says handing me back the paper.