47- "What's your price boy?"

Four o'clock

"Autumn, wake up," Alec tells me as he shakes me awake from the passenger seat of the car. I wake up with a fright, another bad dream.

"You okay?" he asks me worried.

"Yeah, I guess. Just a bad dream" I tell him not wanting to relive the horror again.

"We're here," he tells me and I get up from my sprawled position to see outside the window. I am surprised not to see our massive mansion and look at him questioningly. After the hotel run in, I was too tired to even function and I wanted to go to sleep. Not wanting to put both our lives in danger, I made Alec drive me to my house telling him the rest of the wishes were just stupid and didn't need to be completed. Honestly, the next wish is to get someone to sing to me and who the fucking hell is so jobless at this time at night.

"Here," he says and hands me a coffee.

"Alec I want to go home" I whine to him accepting the coffee and welcoming the aroma of richly brewed coffee beans.

"We are going to finish your list," he tells me with determination and I look at him like he is the stupidest person alive right now.

"C'mon, you can't be sleepy for this," he tells me pursuing me to drink the coffee. I follow after a whine about how I have to go at six in the morning to pick Meghan up.

"You do know that the next wish is kind of impossible?" I ask him as I pick the paper and show it to him as we sit in the parking lot of nowhere.

"Why is it impossible?" he asks me.

"Yeah, where are you going to get a choir to sing for me? Unless you know how to use the Ouija board or something so we can call our ghost friends over at four in the fucking morning" I tell him and laugh at my own joke at the latter.

"We don't need an orchestra. I can sing for you" he tells me and I raise my brows at him.

"What? I'm serious" he insists.

"You really would?" I ask him in disbelief.

"As long as you promise me something back in return," he tells me.

"What is it?" I ask him. I still can't believe he would sing for me.

"I'll tell you later tonight. Now let's try to find a guitar" he tells me and without even a second's notice, opens the door and steps outside the car. I sip my last sip of coffee and follow him.

"What? Where are we going?" I ask him but he continues striding in the dark of the night. I only follow after him.

"I can't sing without a guitar," he tells me.

"Yeah, but where are we going?" I ask him.

"I don't have my guitar in my car and the drive home is another hour so I decided to search for a nearby bar that is open. This is the only option we have" he tells me while pointing to an illuminating welcome. Indeed,there is a bar, but it looks a bit sketchy in the middle of nowhere.

"Don't you think it is weird? It is literally in the middle of nowhere" I tell him stuffing my hands in the pocket of my jacket. We did stop by a public washroom earlier to let me change into my outfit than from that terrible bath towel that I was in and I am grateful for that stopover. The night is pretty chilly even though it hasn't snowed since Christmas.

"I'd agree but it's our only option. I drove around quite a lot when you were asleep but all the bars are closed. It's like four in the morning" he tells me.

"Sorry about sleeping and leaving you alone", I tell him owing him an apology.

"You don't need to apologize. It's night time anyway, normal people sleep around now in case you didn't know" he tells me lightheartedly, brushing it off and I just smile at him while following his steps to the bar.