Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

Xander’s POV

            The truck I silent, but I enjoy it. There is no reason for words to be shared, we were both just enjoying the silence because it was a silence in which we were surrounded by each other’s presence.

            I jerk slightly when I hear the sound of my phone vibrantly loudly in the cup holder in front of her and I reach out quickly when I see the name, hoping silently that she didn’t see the name.

            “Yea.” I say and I hear a sniffle on the other side of the phone.

            “Xander, everything is going to shit.” She tells me softly.

“You okay?”

Cassandra and I had a past, but that was all it was, she was a snob, a bitch, and as you could see a total whinner.

            “No, my mother was shipped off to rehab because she was caught stealing morphine from the hostpial, lost her job, and now or course my dad runs off on one of his business runs. Which probably aren’t even business runs, he is probably out fucking his secretary like in the movies.” She sighs. “I just need some cheering up, are you busy?”

            “Yea I am now but I can always come by later if you wanted.”

            “Okay, sounds good. Hanging out with you sounds like something I need.”

            “Alright, see you then.”

            I hang up quickly, breathing a sigh of relief that I was off the phone and drop it into my lap before turning to look at her slightly.

            I can’t help but notice her rigid posture, her head turned directly towards the window.

            “You know what, will you just drop me off at my house? I will come by and get my stuff later.”

            When she says this my head snaps directly to face her, the words she says catching me off guard totally and I hold my mouth closed so it won’t fall open.

“My road is next, you can just drop me off at the corner.”

I pull over, ready to question her for her sudden outburst but I don’t have the chance, she reaches to the back and grabs her clothes and phone off the dash before getting out of the truck before I can stop her.

I chuckle softly before getting out of the car and walking after her quickly, reaching out to grab her hand and turn her to me.

            “Why are you being like this?” I ask her and when she turns around I can see the scowl on her face as she jerks her hand from me.

            “It’s nothing, just home sick, I will talk to you later?” she says hastily, proving to me that she lying. She turns on her heels and begins marching down the sidewalk quickly, I don’t walk after her though.

            “Cameron, come on” I call after her, staying where I am and she turns around before walking backwards, not slowing her pace as she gets away.

            A forced smile appears on her lips coldly before she nods towards my truck, the action throwing confusion at me before she speaks.

“Better not keep Cassandra waiting, she might get impatient.”

            She doesn’t say anything more, instead she turns around and walks the rest of the way to her house.