Chapter Four

Chapter Four

“So where do you want to go next?” Sage asks me as we walk out of the Smoothie King.

I look to the right of the walkway were many people walk, some hand in hand as they walk to their destination.

But it still happened.

His words have been echoing in my mind all this morning, the guilt almost making me sick every time I think about it.

“Let’s go to Jc Pennies, I haven’t been there in a while and there is supposed to have a huge sale.” Sage says, interrupting my thoughts.

I nod slightly and we turn to the left, walking towards the Jc Pennies.

We shop for a while, me finding three more graphic T shirts that I like. We check out when we are all done and walk out of the store. I can faintly see the front doors of the mall through the crowd and can see that it has already grown dark.

“Maybe we should call it a day. My mom will be worried if I don’t get home soon.” I tell Sage and she nods, looking to the front doors also.

“Yea, it is already getting dark.” She says.

We walk forward, trying to make it to the front doors. At some point Sage pushes ahead of me and through the people, making me unable to see her. I push passed the people around me, bags in hand and left over smoothie in the other. Irritably I push passed them once more and make it to a trash can where I throw away my cup and rearrange my bags, making it easier to carry them.

“Got enough stuff there?” he says softly into my ear and I jump slightly, turning around and finding Xander himself standing behind me with a sly smirk.

“What do you want?” I ask him, harshly then probably necessary but with the shit he pulled last night at dinner and the stuff that has been started between Marcus and I, I wasn’t happy with Xander Belk.

“What? Can’t say hello to a old friend?”

“We were and are hardly friends.” I snap, making his smirk fade slightly and his stare turns cold slightly.

“You know, I never would have thought that you and my brother would end up dating.” He tells me and I laugh.

“Yea well with the shit that you pulled at dinner last night I probably won’t be dating your brother for much longer thank you.”

“Its not my fault you made a past you don’t want to remember.” He shrugs, looking away from me and I watch as his eyes skirt the crowd.

“What the hell is that supposed to mean? You know damn well you forgot it too, just like all your other one night stands.” I hiss, making him look at me, his jaw clenching with anger slightly and his stare becoming even colder.

He opens his mouth to say something more but I stop him.

“Stop with all your shit alright? You are digging up something that died a long time ago. The only reason why you are digging it up is because your mad I didn’t sleep with you that night of the party.” I say, cutting him off. “I don’t know why you tackled that policeman that night last year, and I thank you, but that is the past. Stop acting like all this matters to you.”

I push past him and walk into the crowd but he grabs my arm.

“If I had been mad at you for not sleeping with me that night, do you really think I would have tackled that policeman? If I had been mad I would have ran the other way, and let you get arrested.” He says through his clenched teeth into my ear, making my heart stop slightly. “But was surprises me the most, is when I got back, you were fucking my brother. Guess you are different than I thought.”