Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

            The rest of the weekend drags along, mostly consisting of me getting over the major hangover I awarded myself the other night. Many questions have crossed my mind, only to be left unanswered. I want so badly to ask Tucker if he had really brought me home the other night, that I did just imagine it.

            Or to prove that Xander was in fact lying to me. Which I am almost positive he was. Why would I make that up? Dream that up? It makes no sense.

            Monday morning I drag myself out of bed and jump into the shower. I throw on a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a graphic T shirt that hung off one shoulder before applying some makeup and grabbing my things. I was already running slightly late and with the way my feet dragged across the floor, I knew I was in dying need of a Starbucks rescue.

            I leave my hair in a wet mess that hangs down my back as I grab up my Converse and phone and hurrying down the steps and out of the door. When I have made it to my car I throw everything into the passenger seat and quickly leave the driveway.

            Only when I have reached the Starbucks parking lot I remembered I forgot to grab some extra cash from my stash in my closet but then praise myself for stashing some in the glove box on my car also. I order a Iced Carmel Mocioto and pull out of the parking lot, sipping at the drink eagerly.

            Five short minutes and half my cup of coffee later, I arrive at the dreadful place called school and park in my spot before opening my door, sliding on my Converse, grabbing my bags and coffee and begin walking up to the school.

            When I have reached the front doors I hear my name being called and I look to a boy I have no recognition of and find him waving largely, a smile clear on his face as he winks at me, the group of guys he was surrounded by laughing at his actions.

            I turn back towards the doors, slightly confused before walking into the school with a slight shake of my head. I make my way to my locker and grab my books before walking to Mrs. Longwell’s room, sometimes, when I have made it to school before the late bell has rung, I would go to her room and squeeze in getting a few pages of my book done before class began.

            I smile and greet Mrs. Longwell before going to my usual seat and pulling out my laptop. Instead of sitting in silence this morning, I grab my headphones as well and plug them into my laptop before playing some Macklemore to get my day going.

            I open my document and sigh, not really knowing where or how to begin today.

            I haven’t taken any notice to the room around me and I look around, my eyes falling shockingly on the one seat that holds someone else. I thought I was the only one that came here.

            They turn their head to look over their shoulder and anger flashes through me at the sight of him before I pull out my head phones and slam my laptop shut before packing all my things together.

            “Cameron…”

            “Shut the hell up and stay away from me.” I snap, standing to my feet so abruptly and irritably that my desk drags across the floor slightly, making a loud noise through the quiet room. Mrs. Longwell looks to me, I see her through the corner of my eyes as I pick up my bags.

            “Just listen to me..”

            “Fuck off Xander. Alright? I already told you to stay away from me, and you were fine with the plan yourself.”