Chapter Fourteen

********This chapter contains some material that may not be appropriate for some of you**********

Chapter Fourteen

            “Should I make her something? Do you think she will be hungry when she wakes up?” a gentle voice says, drifting into my sleep, making me more alert than I was a few seconds ago.

            “I will make her something when she wakes up, if she is even hungry, but I doubt she will be able to say anything will everything she will be vomiting up.” A deeper voice says.

            “Do you know what all she did? Should we check her into the hospital?”

            “Heroin and alcohol.” He says, his voice holding something, the kind of something you would only be able to identify if you say his facial expression, and because my eyes are shut, his face is not visible.

            There is a loud sigh that fills the room before silence takes over and I realize the smell of rain and cotton fill my nose, a smell that I have smelt before, but cannot place as to who it belongs to yet.

            “Who is going to take care of her? Is she going to have to move away?” the gentle voice says once more.

            “I don’t know mom.”

            Another silence.

            Where was I?

            The voices are familiar but my head is too foggy to identify them.

            “Well, I am going to the hospital to see your brother, they say he may be able to leave tomorrow.”

            More silence, I am guessing the other person in the conversation nodded in return without saying anything.

            There is the sound of someone patting the other on the back before footsteps move, a door closes, and the footsteps fade away.

            I shift on the bed, rubbing my eyes slightly before opening them, wincing when a bright light shines into my eyes, making pain blast through my head and I wince, grabbing my head on either sides.

            “Well, it is nice to know that I won’t have to take you to the hospital. Who knows, you and Marcus could have been roommates.” Someone says and I open my eyes and find Xander sitting across the room in a recliner, a X-Box remote in his hand and a flat screen TV in front of him with a picture from Grand Theft Auto on the screen.

            I groan once more without saying anything a sit up, only to wince and slam my eyes shut when the room spins, sending my stomach into a tornado of queasiness.

            “Bathroom is right there when you need it, be sure to shut the door, I would like to block out as I can.” He tells me before I hear the sound of loud gun shots and screaming coming from his TV screen across the room, telling me he is engaging in his game once more.