Chapter Three

Chapter Three

            I lay in my bed that night unable to sleep. I lay on my back, staring up at the ceiling with my thoughts. My phone has gone off a few times, only to be ignored. I haven’t talked to Marcus since dinner and after what happened, I don’t think I want to talk to him anytime soon.

            When I had walked through the door my mother had asked how it went and when I had avoided answering she had asked me where Marcus was.

            “In fact, I think I even gave her a hickey that looks a lot like that one….”

            I shake my head at the sounds of his words replaying in my mind.

            How much was he going to spill?

            How much was Marcus going to listen to before he finds out the truth?

            How much longer before everyone finds out. Not long with the way Xander is acting.

            I roll over finally with a sigh, my phone going off once more. I groan before picking it up and unlocking it.

            I have two messages from Marcus and one from a unknown number that was sent only a minute ago.

            Dinner was fun.

            I hear myself scowl and type back fast with irritation.

            How did you get my number?

            Look exit the conversation between me and him and open the texts Marcus sent me. One was sent about thirty minutes after I left the restaurant and another about an hour ago.

            Hey, sorry about Xander, you know how he is though.

            Are you okay?

            I sigh, closing my eyes for a moment. The guilt of not answering him back just because of what was said at dinner overwhelms me.

            Everything will be okay.

            My phone goes off in my hand and I open my eyes again. I unlock the screen once more and click into our conversation.

            Kept it. Thought I would need it if I ever needed a booty call.

            I scowl once more, irritation running through me.

            We had sex one time, once. It didn’t mean anything. Why do you keep bringing it up?

            Once I have sent it I rethink what I had just said.

            It didn’t mean anything.

            But truthfully, it did. Even though I had lost my virginity to the school player, a man whore, and a complete asshole, it did mean something. It meant something to me even though I knew it meant nothing to him. It was his usual one night stand, he just wanted some. I had been stupid to let him be the one to take it but it still meant something.

            Because your trying to forget it happened.

            His answer surprises me and it takes a while for me to gather myself and send a reply back.

            Isn’t that something you want all your little ‘one night stands’ to do? We all know you forget they happened right after you walk out of the room everything happened in.