Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

            The rest of the week passes by quickly. Rumors have spread around, the real story and events that happened, changing into more eventful and adventurous rumors.

            I have not talked to Marcus since that day in the hallway. I have ignored his calls, his texts, avoided his stares in the hallway and classes. Same with Sage.

            I have seen Xander a time or two but I have not talked to him that much. Two days after he found me in the Creative Writing classroom at lunch time he had some back in, sat down next to me, but had said nothing.

            On Friday night I am sitting in the house alone, my mother has called and told me that she took yet another week off work for my great grandmother has not passed away yet but was close. My mother wanted to be there to help my grandmother get the funeral set up.

            I am snuggled up on the couch, watching reruns of the show Girl Code.

            I watch it until it goes to commercial before finding my phone vibrating, announcing I had a message. I grab it slowly, taking a deep breath before reading the name, then the message.

            Are you coming to the party tonight?

            I look away from the phone screen and to the wall beside the TV, biting my lip as I debate on this.

            No. Not this one.

            This party is the Mega Party as the highschoolers put it. Things happened at this party. Drugs are bought and dosed, booze is drank and thrown up, boys and girls hook up, leaving only bad things to happen. But all these things are at every party. Isn’t that what you are thinking?

            No. At this party, there is three times as many of these things. Teens from all over come to this party.

            Scared are you?

            A silent challenge is being made, making me determined. I throw back the blanket that was covering my legs and get off the couch. I hurry upstairs and get dressed in a pair of incredibly short shorts and a tank top that was covered in glitter and sequences.

            I fun my straightener over my already clean hair and tease the back slightly, giving it volume. I apply some dark eye liner and mascara before putting on some pink lipstick.

            I pucker my lips to myself in the mirror before turning away and returning to my closet. I slide on a pair of black heels, making my height grow by a few inches. I grab my phone before texting back with a smile.

            Be there in five.