Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

            “Have fun, but when you get your heartbroken again, don’t expect me to do something.”

            He words play through my mind as I look at myself in the mirror, the screen of my phone telling me it was 6:57.

            Xander would be here in three minutes, but maybe he will be late.

            I silently hope he will be late.

            Just as I am thinking this, there is a loud knock on the door down stairs and I sigh.

            Or he can be three minutes early.

            I have stayed in my clothes that I wore to school that day, a pair of ripped jean shorts and a graphic tank top.

            I sigh once more and turn away, grabbing my phone off the dresser and walking out of my room and downstairs. When I have opened the door I find Marcus lost in his thoughts, staring at the place where the door has just been. When he sees me he smiles and the glazed look that had taken over his eyes is gone.

            “Hey.” He says and I plaster on a smile, ignoring the feeling I get when I think about how this used to happen everyday, the feeling when I think about what he has done to me, but most importantly the feeling I get when I remember what has happened with me and Xander since then.

            “Hey.” I tell him softly, looking over his shoulder and finding his truck in my driveway.

            “You ready?” he asks me.

            I nod and he turns around, leading us as we walk side by side to his truck. When we have reached it he steps in front of me to open my door and shut it once I am inside before going over to his side.

            The smell of his truck fills my nose and I sigh, my thoughts being stop before they have even started when his door opens and he slides inside.

            “So how was your day?” he asks me as we back out of the driveway after he turns the truck on.

            “Good.” I tell him, ignoring the fact that he is just trying to fill a empty silence.

            Just as I am thinking this a silence takes over the car, making me able to hear the sound of the other cars that pass and the engine of Marcus’s truck.

            “Cameron… I am really-…”

            “So where are we going?” I say, interrupting his sentence for I really don’t want to hear his apologies anymore. I don’t want to constantly be reminded of what has happened.