Chapter Six

Chapter Six

            Marcus cheated on her?

            Wait, Marcus Belk cheated on Cameron with Sage?

            Yep, and then she slept with his brother, Paxton told me all about it.

            So she slept with Xander Belk too?? How lucky is this girl?? She got to sleep with BOTH the Belk boys.

            Their words surround me as I walk down the hallway and to my locker, shaking my head slightly when I have finally reached it. I grab my math book before leaning my head onto the cool surface of the locker metal.

            “Can we talk?” I hear him say and my heart feels like it is being ripped from my chest. I lean away from my locker to look at him, when our eyes meet I watch his face crumble slightly but I feel no guilt. The black eye and swollen cheek still remains on his face and Xander’s words flash through my mind.

            “I beat the hell out of my own brother right in our hallway. I didn’t laugh, I didn’t smile, and I didn’t once think it was funny.”

            “There is nothing to talk about.” I tell him, shutting my locker door and turning away from him.

            “Cameron…” he begins, grabbing onto my hand gently.

            “What Marcus?” I ask him, my voice sounding tired.

            “Please… just talk to me..”

            “About what? Huh?” I ask him, my voice raising with my anger now, making people that were passing by us, already looking at us, stop to watch. “About the fact that you cheated on me with my bestfriend?”

            “I already told you,” he begins.  “I was high.”

            “Oh trust me, I gathered that when I saw you high off your ass yesterday morning when you told me.” I snap.

            “Then why are you so mad-…”

            “Because you cheated on me with my bestfriend!” I yell.

            “You slept with my brother!” he fires back.

            “Over a year ago! It was before we even started dating! Before you even knew me! I didn’t cheat on you with him!”

            He is silent at this, the crowd around us has grown and the people stand with their mouths open and I turn to them, glaring.

            “Oh yes, did you guys hear that?” I announce, throwing my hands in the air. “I have slept with both of the Belk boys. But before you guys go around, spreading your rumors, I slept with Xander far before I met Marcus, I did not cheat on anyone. I was cheated on. So if you are going to tell the story, tell it right.”

            And with that I push myself through the crowd, ignoring the looks I get, and make my way to my math class.

∞        

            “That little announcement you made in the hallway was cute.”

            I freeze at the sound of his voice, my fingers freezing on the keyboard of my laptop but I keep my eyes on the screen.

            I look above the screen and find Mrs. Longwell eating her lunch at her desk, headphones in her ears as she chews on her sandwich.

            I look to my left and find Xander looking at me, sitting sideways in the desk with one of his elbows resting on the surface of the desk and the other resting on the back of his chair.

            “Thank you, because that was the whole purpose of the announcement, was so I could be cute.” I tell him, my voice dripping with sarcasm. I have been using a lot of that lately.

            He smirks slightly and I can’t help but notice how handsome this kid was. His dark shaggy hair was purposely messy, a way only he could put it in, his cheek bones were sharp and angular, and for once I find them not clench together tightly in irritation. His bright blue eyes are the color of the bright blue ocean when it storms, and they feel as if they could read right through me. He had broad shoulders and muscular arms that pop out even without him flexing.

            Suddenly I am taken back a year ago and find him on top of the police officer.

            Don’t just stand there RUN!

            “You know, if you take a picture, they say it lasts longer.” I hear him say smugly and I am removed from my thoughts.

            “The glass of the lens would probably break if I had tried to take your picture.” I snort, knowing it was a lie.

            He chuckles and looks over my shoulder and to the laptop screen.

            “What are you writing there?” he asks me and I quickly shut the screen of the laptop, making it impossible for him to read it.

            “Nothing.” I tell him softly, staring at my hands that are still at the edge of the laptop.

            He is silent for once and I give him a smirk.

            “Did I just get silence? From Xander Belk?” I ask him, making him smile slightly, and it wasn’t one of his smirks either, it was a genuine smile. I smile a real smile in return, feeling proud that I could bring that out in him.

            He looks at me, still smiling before he looks away, clears his throat and nods to Mrs. Longwell who still sits at her desk eating her lunch.

            “Is she the only company you usually have in here?” he asks me, wiping the smile from his face and I feel mine fade away.

            I shrug slightly and then nod.

            “Most of the time.” I tell him.

            “Why don’t you eat in the cafeteria? Like a normal person?” he asks with a sly grin, it was his usual grin, not the genuine smile I had seen moments ago.

            “Because maybe I’m not a normal person.” I say with a smirk, listening to the bell ring, dismissing me back to my classes. I put my laptop in my bag and stand while he does. He begins walking down the assail of desks before looking at me over his shoulder.

            “I gathered that when you passed me up for my brother.”

            And with that, he walks from the room.

Hey there Readers!

Sorry it was so short, but here is another chapter!

Hope you like it!

Maybe leave a comment? Hit the like button?

Thanks again for reading! :)

-Zoe