Chapter Ten Part 1

Chapter Ten

Part 1

            I put my phone on silent that night and do not answer anyones text. I receive many that say along the lines of:

            “Nice hit, he got what has been coming for him.”

            Or,

            “What you did was so immature…”

            I am sure that by now you can tell that the first example was from the jealous or the heartbroken. But the second were from the jealous ones that HAVENT gotten their heartbroken by him yet.

            But it was only a matter of time, because every single girl at my high school goes through it. He manages to sink his claws into every single girl, make his mark on their heart, only to rip it to shreds and throw it in their face.

            And now it has happened to me.

            I am sitting at the kitchen counter, my cup of blueberry yogurt sitting in front of me as I stir it absentmindedly. I have picked out all the whole blue berries out of it and ate them, leaving the now purple yogurt and the blueberry swirl.

            I stop stirring it when there is a knock at the door and my eyes flash to the hallway. I slowly get off of my stool and approach the door.

            Don’t open it.

            Don’t open it.

            When I have reached the door, I open it, ignoring my thoughts and not even bothering to check the peep hole.

            I see a glance of him before his hand is on my cheek and his lips are on mine. He pushes me inside and the front door slams shut and I am pressed against the wall.

            I find myself kissing him back but then I realize what I am doing and stop, placing my hands on his chest and pushing him back, making him stumble backwards.

            “What the hell are you doing here?” I ask him, finding my voice both hoarse and louder than I intended, I clear my throat and place my hands on my hips, trying to cover up my reaction. I feel my checks heat up and know that they are far beyond pink.

            “I just needed to talk to you and you weren’t answering my texts or calls so-…”

            “And that,” I say, gesturing to the door and him. “was talking?” I snap.

            “I know, and I-…”

            “No, you want to know something? I put my phone on silent for a reason. I didn’t answer your calls or texts, or anyone elses because maybe, just maybe Xander, I wanted to be left alone. And I sure as hell didn’t want to hear your stupid sorry excuses on how you are going to tell me that you are sorry and all that shit-…”

            “I wasn’t going to tell you I was sorry, stop acting like you know everything about me when you don’t.”

            “I don’t?” I laugh bitterly. “I know plenty about you that tells me that I need to stay the hell away from you.” I hiss and he flinches slightly but I ignore this and keep going. “I know that you are a player, a heartbreaker, and a asshole, and I am tired of you coming into my life, screwing shit up and making me think that you actually care when you don’t!”

            “And how do you know I don’t?!” he yells, making me freeze but flinch slightly at the loudness of his tone. “You have no idea who I am! You have no idea how I fucking feel, how I think about you, so stop putting feelings and shit under a title for you when you know nothing!”

            His words have made me take a step back until my back is placed firmly against the wall, my eyes have moved to the floor and my hands hang loosely by my sides.

            “Do you really want to know why I tackled that policeman that night at the party?” he asks me more softly now, stepping forward slightly. “Because after that night of the party when I first met you, I couldn’t get you out of my head. I beat the shit out of two guys I heard talking about things they wanted to do with you, I didn’t sleep with any other girls after that night and I tried to get you to know that I was different.” He hisses. “And when I saw you at that party, running from him, and I knew that they were here because of me, I wasn’t going to let you get into trouble because my mistakes.” He steps forward now, his face close to mine. “I could have let you get tackled, handcuffed, and your college careers and dreams of becoming a writer ruined, but I didn’t.” he hisses.

            He steps away and walks towards the door before placing his hand over the knob. Tears have filled my eyes slightly and they spill out over my cheeks.

            “It is crazy what we do for the people we care about.” He laughs softly, his voice hoarse with emotion that I have never heard him hold. “But it is crazier when the person we love doesn’t even realize how much they mean to the other.”

            And with that, the door opens and then shuts, the lock clicking shut.

            My legs begin to wobble and I slide along the wall until I am resting on the floor. More tears run down my face and I sit onto the floor, allowing them to come.

Hey there Readers!

So here is the FIRST part of chapter ten, and I hope you liked it. I know it was short and for that I am sorry but I promise that I will make the SECOND part longer.

But anyways, maybe leave a comment and tell me what you think of it?

Oh! And maybe will you guys tell me what you think about the new cover that I have!? Please?

Thanks for reading, it means a lot :)

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend, be safe! :)

-Zoe