Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Xander’s POV

            “I am going to go find Mark, find you when I find him.” I tell her and she nods before walking into the crowd and towards the kitchen, making me shut my eyes and take a deep breath before I sift through the crowd, my eyes scanning the faces for Mark’s.

            When I have finally found him we talk for a while, him handing me a red party cup and I drink it slowly, making sure not to have another one tonight.

            We are standing against the wall and I can see into the kitchen, my eyes watching her as she talks to the bar tender, who leans over and smirks his cocky smile.

            If he wasn’t careful I was going to knock that cocky smile right off his face.

            I watch as she drains her cup before walking to the end of the counter and to a strange looking guy who was obviously both drunk and high. She smiles a stiff smile, her mouth moving in a silent gesture from which I cannot hear.

            The boy nods and he pulls his jacket away from his chest and reaches inside, pulling out a scyring and a rubber ribbon before tying it to her arm and putting the needle into her skin. Her eyes close and she tilts her head back, making my stomach churn.

            This is the last time she is doing this. I won’t let her fuck her up life.

            “Dude, dude what the hell is wrong with you?”

            “Huh?”

            “Did you hear anything I just said?” Mark asks me and I look to him and nod.

            “Yea man, I heard you.”

            We are silent for a moment before he laughs and I look at him, finding his gaze going across the room and I follow it and find Tersa Barling and Casey Richards stumbling around on the dance floor.

            They yell loudly and scream, throwing their hands in the air with their cups, making their drinks go everywhere.

            “Wanna get laid tonight?” Mark asks me, gesturing to them and I feel my fist clench slightly.

            “No.” I tell him and he shrugs.

            “Fine, I will.” He says before walking out onto the dance floor, whispering in Casey’s ear and pulling her off the dance floor and of all places, outside.

            I stand against the wall, watching Cameron, making sure everything is okay, and making sure she  isn’t getting into any trouble that I would have to get her out of.

            Some of my other friends come over and stand by me, keeping up as good as conversations get when you are drunk like they were. But that doesn’t keep my eyes from wandering right back to her. She was drunk now, her posture changing and her movements sloppy, telling me that I needed to get over there and help her.

            When my friends leave I begin walking across the room and towards the kitchen. A hand reaches for my shoulder and slides down it and I look down, finding a very drunk Tersa looking up at me.

            “Hey sexy.” She slurs and I look to Cameron before looking to her.

            “I have to-..” I begin but she cuts me off when she begins whispering in my ear.