Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I wake up to the thundering headache that pounds in my skull. I put my hands to both sides of my head a groan, sitting up and instantly regretting it when my stomach churns. I sit still for a few moments, waiting for my stomach to settle and the latest wave of pain from my headache to fade.

I open my eyes and find my room empty except for me and the sun that shines into my room, making it almost painfully bright.

Last night’s events come crashing down on me and I look to the space beside me on the bed and find it empty.

He had left.

I shake my head irritably before wincing when the world spins and my stomach turns again. Before I can react my hand flies to my mouth and I run to the toilet before emptying my stomach into the porcelain bowl.

When I am done I quickly brush my teeth and get in the shower, the headache following my every move.

I dry off and get dressed in a pair of sweat pants and a loose t-shirt when I get out before going to the bathroom and grabbing a Tylenol and a glass of water before tipping two back and leaning on the counter.

The murmur of his voice before I fell asleep rolls through my head as I sip my water slowing, questioning myself silently as to what he could have said.

I walk back into my room before laying down onto my bed and grabbing my phone off the bedside table and finding a missed call from my mother, Sage, and Marcus. I shake my head at their names before calling my mother back, waiting for the lecture I am about to receive.

“Hello?” her voice says after only the third ring.

“Hey mom, sorry I didn’t answer your call, just woke up.” I tell her, which really wasn’t a lie, it was why I woke up so late that I would have to lie about if it came down to it.

“Why are you getting up so late? It’s already two o’clock.”

And here is where the lies come in.

“Well Sage came over for a while last night and didn’t leave until late and when she did I crashed.” I tell her, laughing slightly to lighten the mood, despite the awful mood I know I would be in if I wasn’t on the phone with my mother.

“Oh, listen sweetie, the doctor just came in, can I let you go and call you back later?” she asks me.

“Yea.”

When I have hung up I find that I had ten unread messages, two from Sage, three from Marcus, three from three different guys I have no clue who they are, probably someone I rambled my number to last night, one from Rick, asking if I wanted to smoke some more pot soon, and one more.

From Xander himself.

How are you doing this morning?

I sigh slightly, my fingers hesitating over the keyboard. So many questions run through my mind at once.

How long did you stay? Why did you leave?  Why did you help me?

What did you say?

But instead I don’t ask any of them.

Fine.

I sigh once more before laying my phone down beside me, placing my hands over my eyes and groaning. I sink down into my pillows, my hands still over my face before the slide off. I keep my eyes shut, and feel myself begin to fall into a light sleep before jumping slightly when my phone goes off loudly. I glance down and see the remaining words from his text flashing across the screen.