Chapter Twenty-Eight.

The Getaway• Chapter 28.

"You can't be serious!" I gasped and folded my arms across my chest, giving Cara a questioning look.

"Believe it or not, but if they can make it in the dancing career, then there's no doubt that we won't." She pointed out, looking back at the dancers who were currently on the stage.

They weren't the best, but they weren't the worst, either. I'm sure everyone in my group would be better than them, which gives me a little bit more hope about this whole dancing thing in a few weeks.

I can't exactly put my finger on why I'm nervous, but I know there's definitely nervousness there. Maybe it's because I'm new to dancing, or I'm just over thinking it. But either way, if they're not nervous, then there's no reason that I should be.

Other than the fact that of course, Cole won't be there with us. And he plays a big role in all of it.

We were currently standing around, drinks in our hand and bobbing our head to the music. Just Hunter, Cara and I. No one else wanted to show, I guess.

"By the way, when are we gonna finish the routine for this big performance?" I broke the silence. We had only gotten about the first two minutes of it done, and if we want to get anywhere, I'm pretty sure we should keep practicing.

Hunter shrugged. "I'm not sure if we're even doing it anymore." She looked down, obviously upset about it.

"Yup," Cara said popping the p. "if Cole's not here, then there's no point. We stick together."

I smiled at how caring she was, but inside there was something nagging at me, telling me that we should go. These queasy feelings that I'm getting really need to go away, they're unsettling.

"What, why?" I questioned. "I mean. What if we actually make it big? Just like you said earlier. Cole would be happy."

"He's a major part in it, Selena." Cara sighed. "Without him, we basically lose the first part of the dance. Then what do we have?"

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind if someone filled in for him." Hunter chimed in, smiling at me.

"I just think that he wants us to make it."

"I don't know, we'll see." Cara replied, a small smile creeping up on her lips as if she had an idea.

***

We stayed until five to watch all the dancers, trying to get an idea from it. Hunter suggested that if we combined some of the different moves, it would make our dance unique.

I agreed with it all the way, just that the fact that it was kind of stealing, in a way. But I didn't say anything, because we really needed something. And fast.

Cara left a little while ago, saying that her mom wanted to take her out. So it was just Hunter and I.

"Hey! I see some carnival rides, lets go!" She grinned, grabbing my arm and practically dragging me through the crowds of people. I tried not to gag at the smell the whole way.

"Okay, which one first?" I asked, scanning the area for something good. I looked back at Hunter and she was about to reply when her eyes got wide, and she started balling her fists at her sides.

I followed her gaze, and saw a guy with black hair smirking at her. "Who's that?"

"Don't say anything, don't even look at him." She demanded through gritted teeth, just as he came over to us and slung his arm around my shoulder.

"Hello ladies." He said in a disgusting voice, keeping his eyes on Hunter.

"Get your nasty hands off her." She snapped and grabbed my arm, pulling me to the side.

"Awh, babe. Why do you gotta be such a buzz kill?" He cooed. I covered my mouth with the back of my hand as he leaned in closer to Hunter.

"It's obvious that she doesn't want you around, so just go the fuck away." I snapped, rolling my eyes at his disgusting nature.

"Selena." Hunter hissed.

"And who's this?" He folded his arms across his chest, locking his gaze on me. I tried to ignore the fact that he was staring at my chest.

"That's none of your business, just go away before I call the damn police." I said, starting to get annoyed.

Hunter stayed silent, glaring at the guy who she obviously has a past with as he walked away.

I turned to look at her. "Care to explain?"

(I alway start these off with 'ah sorry I haven't updated in forever' or something like that. Ha haa ha.. yeah. I've just had on and off headaches, nothing interesting. But anyway, it's finally here!! And I would like to thank, @jelneatorforever for her sweet comment! (:)