Chapter Thirteen

The Getaway• Chapter 13

"So you're just packing up and leaving Saturday?" Darian asked as the three of us made our way to the side of the school building and made ourselves comfortable. I nodded. "But you can't! There's nothing wrong here, I mean most of the people are shitty and irrelevant; but you know. Yo-"

"Oh, shut it Darian." Alex snapped with a roll of her eyes. I giggled as she earned the finger from Darian. "I'm sure we'll see you again, right? And if you can't come to us - we will most definitely wind up at your doorstep somehow." She added with a confirming nod.

To be honest, telling them wasn't easy. I actually had to break it up into hints until Alex finally figured it out. We spent our few minutes before first period crying about it. Actually; it was just them.

"I'm sure my mom wouldn't be that low. But I guess it's for the best, with Kyleigh on the way and all." I stated while fumbling with my fingers. "It doesn't matter anyway. I should be used to it by now. My mom always wants to move after about two years. It always comes down to me just having to give up my friends and start fresh."

"Hold up," Alex snapped. "So you're basically saying that the last four years were nothing? And that our friendship getting ruined doesn't matter?"

"Alex no, n-"

"You know what, save it for someone who cares. Go have fun with your new life in London. I don't care for you anymore; practice what you preach. Because sometimes it goes too far! I'm done here. Irrelevant bitch." She hissed.

"Stop! Alex, I'm sure she didn't mean it like that." Darian piped in.

All those times spent together. Just gone. I brought my thumb up to my eye as I felt the tears start.

"Oh really!?" Alex shouted. "Tell me how you like it when you just become a backup plan to her!"

"You said you were done here, so just go, Alex!" I snapped, my voice becoming more dominate. It honestly pained me knowing that this last week would be hell without my ex-bestfriend. I mean, I needed someone to mope with.

I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder as I brushed past the two girls I once called friends. Nothing lasts forever, right? But it was obviously for the best. If I kept in contact with them, it'd just make life harder. It probably will now; knowing Alex thinks I'm an irrelevant bitch.

I shoved my belongings harder to my chest as I walked into first period. I guess I was late, because all eyes were on me. What made me break was the glare Alex was giving me. I shook my head as I slumped into me seat. I guess I shouldn't feel like such a loner, right? I still had Jared. Hopefully. Darian probably already told him everything.

"Miss Gomez," the teacher said folding her arms over her chest. I rose my eyebrows as I looked at her. "Care to explain?" She asked as her lips made a straight line.

"Maybe she was too busy hurting other people. But you know, it doesn't matter. No one likes her." Alex smirked. I rolled my eyes as she licked her lips and averted back to the teacher.

"Very well." The teacher said shaking her head and dismissing the incident. "Lets start class."

***

I slowly walked into the cafeteria with my head down as I looked at the line. I counted about twenty people and sighed. So much for forgetting my lunch.

I grabbed an apple and pulled out my phone as I made my way through the booming voices. I knew exactly what I had to do.

I spotted Jared with his friends and shuffled over to him. "Jared, we need to talk, now." I said tugging on his arm. So much for me being weak, he didn't move an inch.

"Say it here. We're all friends." He stated while wiggling his eyebrows. I shook my head and sighed.

"Whatever." I said running my hand down my face. I watched as basically everyone had their eyes on us. "We need to break up."

"Wait w-"

"It's over." And with that, I exited the cafeteria and headed to the only quiet place I knew of.

I'd probably be known as the heartless girl after this, but I was moving. So I guess it doesn't matter. Wait - yes it does. I just embarrassed Jared infront of everyone. I sighed as I threw my apple.