Chapter nine

PART OF THE EDITING.

"Selena!" A faint voice screamed. I tilted my head to the side as they began to shake me. "Damn it, Selena. Get your ass up before we're late." This time, the voice was harsher and I opened my eyes to see Alex glaring at me.

"Wait what? Get the hell away from me!" I demanded as I fumbled to take my seat belt off. What is going on?

"What's wrong? You just fell asleep on the way to the party. It's only an hour drive but you managed to do it." She shrugged and I rose my eyebrows. So that whole thing was just a dream? Oh thank God.

"So there was no-" I stopped myself, shaking my head. There was no way I was speaking of that.

"Lay off the cold pizza woman. I'm straight for your information". She said trying to keep a straight face. She took the keys out of the ignition and opened her door. "Lets go". She added.

I pushed my car door open and let the cold air slap my face. I sighed as I shoved the car door shut and followed closely behind Alex. What scared me was that dream.

It was so surreal. All the people. My crazy hate for Eminem. I'm not even sure it was a dream; more like a nightmare. It just didn't make sense.

"So, you must be the girl Jared is going on about. I'm Darian." I looked up and saw a girl that looked somewhat like Jared walk towards me. I didn't answer her, I just stared at her and the tray of food she was carrying.

"Do I know you?" I asked as I watched Alex make her way through the crowd. Honestly,I felt drunk. After you just wake up, it's like you don't even know what year it is. Especially during a nap. So many things happen when you're asleep and whenever you wake up, you just wanna slap every person in sight.

"I'm Jared's sister. But tonight, I am his, well whatever you wanna call me for one hundred bucks." She replied while rolling her eyes.

"So he basically made you a server for this party?" I asked letting out a small laugh.

"Stupid. I know. But hey," she said smiling at me. "I get to meet the famous Selena he's been talking non-stop about". She replied with a wink.

"Wait, Jared likes me?" I asked confused.

"I would guess so. Lets go get a drink". She said dropping the tray of crackers she had. She grabbed my arm and drug me through the crowd of drunk people. The smell was suffocating me every step of the way.

We stopped as we entered what I'm guessing was the kitchen. I made my way over to a stool sitting next to the island. I seated myself as I tapped my fingers on the marbled counter.

"Beer or wine?" She asked with a smirk. She shook the two options in her hands as she set them on the counter.

"I'm in need of a beer." I said sighing. She spun around and got to glass cups from the cabinet. "It's a party, after all. Better make the most of it." I added taking a sip of the beer. I gulped as the liquid traveled down my throat.

"Mhm." She said slamming her drink on the counter. "Your party," I shook my head at the sigh in front of me.

Darian and I could really hit it off. Or so I think. Not really sure. But she did seem like someone I wouldn't get annoyed of. I mean she was absolutely gorgeous. She had straight blonde hair that went to her shoulders. Big brown eyes that definitely popped out. Some freckles on her nose and cheek bones. Not to mention that she wasn't the tallest. She seemed about 5"5 or so. She was definitely an eye catcher. Also with her outfit. She was wearing pink jean shorts from some expensive store. They were for sure name brand. And a plain white shirt that had a little v neck. Nothing too big; and it hugged her body perfectly. She in general was my definition of perfect. Because trust me - I'm nothing like her. She'd definitely stand out against me.

"Wanna go dance?" Darian asked setting our glasses in the sink.

"Of course," I replied sending her a smile.

We wiggled our way back through the crowd and soon made our way to the center of the dance floor. For just a house, this was definitely huge.

I put my hands on my head and began swaying my hips to the beat of the music. I let everything take me over. I was for sure stepping out. I smiled as I felt someone put their hands on my waist and pull me closer to their front.

"Having fun?" I heard Jared's voice speak slowly into my neck. Smiling, I pressed my body against his as he began leaving kisses down my neck.

"Well depends." I said smirking. He spun me around so that I was now facing him. He pulled me closer so that there was no more space between us.

"How so?" He asked, staring down at me. Biting my lip, I looked away and smiled.

"Are you going to stay with me?"

"Wouldn't miss the chance to," He smirked as I leaned my head on his chest and let out a laugh. Why did I think he was such a bad guy for so long? I mean, he could be putting on an act for all I know, but right now I didn't even care.

Looking back up, I saw him already staring and knew my face was red. When he started to lean in, I wrapped my arms around his neck as our lips came in contact. It wasn't sloppy or rushed, and it felt nice to have something like that.

I pulled back as I started to laugh, not even knowing why.

"What's so funny?" He asked confused. I shook my head and looked away from him.

"Nothing," I said smiling at him. "Just kiss me."