Chapter Nineteen.

The Getaway• Chapter 19.

When we pulled up in front of our house, I was completely taken aback. I shouldn't even call it a house, its more like a college dorm.

"This is where we're staying?" I choked, turning my body so I was facing my mom who had a satisfied smile on her face.

Looking back up, I began checking out the building. It had bricks all along the building in a rosy with a hint of maroon color in it, the part around the door a plain tan color. It had those medal black steps leading to a window on the left side. And honestly, I can't forget the large gray steps leading to the white front door.

But what creeped me out the most, was the old warehouse right next to the house. It had those old square windows that you only see on factories, and a bunch of garbage in a messy pile on the side.

"Yes, and it's not staying, we're living here." She said obviously happy with the place. But I on the other hand, was not. I groaned and pulled the handle to the door so I could follow my mom to the trailor we had attached to the rental car.

"Don't be so grumpy, you get the second biggest room. Besides, you get to take the bus now." That's when I definitely wanted to grow wings and fly back to my old home. Homeless or not.

There is nothing worse than the bus.

"Uhm, the what?"

***

After a very unpleasant, and exhausting argument I had with my mom, just over a bus, I finally got her to shut up and I was able to scope out the place.

When I first walked in, the first thing that caught my eye was the old eggshell colored wooden staircase. That had ratty carpeting. It sat next to what I'm guessing is our living room. It was a pretty decent size, but I missed our old one. Folding my arms over my chest, I stepped over a piece of wood that was sticking up, and made my way into the kitchen. I'm not even going to start on that.

In the back of the kitchen, sat a blue, worn down door. I crinkled my nose and slowly turned the doorknob. Noticing that it was just a bathroom, I sighed and made my way back to the front. Past the staircase was another door, and I wasn't even gonna guess. My curiosity got the best of me and I wound up jogging up the stairs. They still disgusted me.

I walked into the first door that was on a slanted wall, and realized that it was just another bathroom.

"Selena!" I heard my mom say as she entered the house with a sigh. "Go get the last box!" I decided to do what she said and check out the last two doors later.

Closing the front door behind me, I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and began to slowly walk down the steps. But I stopped once I heard adrenalin rushing music.

Raising my eyebrows, I looked over and noticed that it was coming from that creepy warehouse. Letting my instincts get the best of me, I decided the check it out.

Jogging across the lawn, I cupped my hands around my eyes and peeked into the first window. Well the first one that I saw was bashed in. I immediately began interested as I noticed it was people dancing. Very good dancing, I should say. I watched as they did series of flips, robotic movements and other things I've never even heard of.

I quickly spun my head around as I heard footsteps behind me. "Who are you?"

*(yay for updates! haha okay so I'm not really happy with this chapter, but I wanted to give you guys something. especially for the comments you're leaving! I'm not quite sure how I'm going to make everyone from her old town reappear, but it'll come shortly. until then, keep reading and keep being amazing!